This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Bare metal restore for Linux machines

Hi folks, 

I am trying to perform a BMR for a linux machine (CentOS 6). I'm confusing about some restore's steps. 

I loaded my boot ISO image on a vm (xen Server).

I have those partitions on my Source Machine(recovery point). 

/
/usr
/home
/tmp
/boot

and by default I have the following partitions on my Target Machine (xen Center VM). 

My doubt is on "The number of volumes on the Linux machine to be restored must match the number of volumes in the recovery point."

Should I create these partitions on target machine?

Should I mount these partitions on target machine?

Thanks in Advance.

My Rapid Recovery Version is 6.1.2. 

Wneiton 

Parents
  • I can't speak with firsthand knowledge on a Linux BMR but on a Windows machine the source volumes and the target volumes have to be identical. No more volumes and no fewer.

Also, the target volumes have to be larger in size than the source volumes. On a Windows server for example if volume "D:\" was 100GB then the target machine "D:\" had to be 101GB or larger.

I'm editing this just to clarify that the destination does not have to be an entire GB larger than the source but just larger. As I recall I did a few that were like 100MB larger and it worked.

• I can't speak with firsthand knowledge on a Linux BMR but on a Windows machine the source volumes and the target volumes have to be identical. No more volumes and no fewer.

Also, the target volumes have to be larger in size than the source volumes. On a Windows server for example if volume "D:\" was 100GB then the target machine "D:\" had to be 101GB or larger.

I'm editing this just to clarify that the destination does not have to be an entire GB larger than the source but just larger. As I recall I did a few that were like 100MB larger and it worked.

Children
No Data