This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Migrating from DL4000 to DL4300

Ok our two new DL4300 are onsite and being configured, one will stay on our site the other to be moved to a DR site.  We already have two DL4000 running 5.4.3 one on our site and the replica at the DR site, the current repo size is about 12TB.  The old kit has to be returned in a couple of months as its leased so what is the best way about getting the old repo on to the new DL4300?  (I'd sort of like to avoid upgrading the current DL4000 to 6.1 as they are working fine and I don't want to be at home to Mr cockup! and have them break) and setting them all up to replicate so what are my other options?

I don't need all the current recovery points and quite a few protected clients can be removed from the 5.4.3 and just moved on to the new kit, I only really need to get our SQL, Exchange and main file server across.  So I can reduce the size of the repo a bit.

Can the archive from 5.4.3 be imported in to 6.1.3?

Parents
  • looking at the time it'll take to do the archives I'm going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade the existing DL4000s and add the new 4300s as replication targets. Lets home it goes well!
  • looking at the time it'll take to do the archives I'm going to have to bite the bullet and upgrade the existing DL4000s and add the new 4300s as replication targets. Lets home it goes well!
Children
No Data