This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

combine repositories

is there a way to combine different repository segments,  I have a repository that has 4 disks added over time to keep up with the data being backed up.  I have just got an additional San that has 180 tb of disk so I would like to move or copy all the repository data to 1 large disk.  Is there a way to do that other than archiving the data and importing it to new disk repository?

• The long and short of it, there is not a straight forward conversion method to migrate to a new repo. Having said that, there are the best options:

1) Archive the data for and agent off, delete it, import it into the new repo.

2) Setup replication to another temporary core. You'd setup a temporary core, setup the 'new' repo on that core, then configure replication to send all the agents/recovery points to that new core/repo. Once everything is sync'ed up, then decommission the old repo and present the 'new' one to the primary core.
  • Thank you, replication is probably the best way to go.

• Yup, if you can do it/have the resources, w/o a doubt yes.