This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lost SQL Authentication

We recently had a server with a runaway application that was storing temp files in the wrong directory so that they were just building up endlessly. After deleting these files and restarting the server (2008r2) RR can no longer connect with the SQL DB running on it. It claims the username or password is bad. I can still log into the SQL server directly with these credentials.

Any ideas? I am restarting the core now. I tired re-entering the creds into the core but no dice.

Parents
  • I think it is the server or the DB itself and not RR at all. We recently had another problem with this same server and restarting it (the server) seems to fix it.

Not good I know but it's not really mission critical or hard to replace if it barfs for good. I should have followed up.
  • I think it is the server or the DB itself and not RR at all. We recently had another problem with this same server and restarting it (the server) seems to fix it.

Not good I know but it's not really mission critical or hard to replace if it barfs for good. I should have followed up.
Children
No Data