This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Agentless VM KEEPS doing Base image

We have about 20'ish VM running on a 3 node Hyper-V cluster, I'm using agentless backups for most of them.  I've had a few issues with a small number of the VM's but I have one with an issue I can't seem to solve.

One of the VMs KEEPS DOING BASE IMAGES! It'll do the odd incremental but always seems to do a Base.  Its just a server 2012r2 VM running our building control software (HVAC, etc) nothing special its only around 25Gb in size, and has VERY little data churn!

I could put up with the constant base images as performance, bandwidth, repo size isn't an issue, BUT as it keeps doing a base it breaks replication to our offsite Core giving a duplicate base image has been found error and replication stops.

Any ideas WHY its doing a base and how to stop it!

Regards

Kerry 

Parents
  • nope its sitting on the same node of our cluster. The backups don't fail it just keeps doing a base, then when it tries to replicate I get a duplicate image error and the replication fails. I've deleted it again and its done a base followed by an incremental BUT this has happened before then it starts to do bases again! Currently I have it backing up once a day and nothing else is running at that time (I've spread the backups out a bit)
  • nope its sitting on the same node of our cluster. The backups don't fail it just keeps doing a base, then when it tries to replicate I get a duplicate image error and the replication fails. I've deleted it again and its done a base followed by an incremental BUT this has happened before then it starts to do bases again! Currently I have it backing up once a day and nothing else is running at that time (I've spread the backups out a bit)
Children
No Data