This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Replication bandwidth

We've just moved our replica core offsite, but TYPICALLY! our source core has decided to take a base of a very large volume on one of our FS, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  not sure why it did but it has, anyway it now wants to copy 2.2Tb up to the offsite replica, nice!  Lucky we have a 1gbs line to our offsite location but we're only getting the replica job running at about 10MB/s.  I've got the replication set as follows, so it shouldn't be throttled, and there isn't anything else restricting traffic.  Any ideas as to how to increase the wire speed, is there a setting somewhere else?

Parents
  • I feel for you. I cant offer much to help your current situation. We used to see this exact issue all the time and never really get any solid advise, just vague recommendations that its a core resource issue. I believe that much of it is built into the product, these operations (like archives) are just painfully slow. Of course this is a very resource intensive process, so check your memory and disk IO counters, etc.

But I would setup your dedup cache to be able to include your entire repo. Now that your replication core is offsite, this will be critical and will help you avoid this issue moving forward

support.quest.com/.../134726
  • I feel for you. I cant offer much to help your current situation. We used to see this exact issue all the time and never really get any solid advise, just vague recommendations that its a core resource issue. I believe that much of it is built into the product, these operations (like archives) are just painfully slow. Of course this is a very resource intensive process, so check your memory and disk IO counters, etc.

But I would setup your dedup cache to be able to include your entire repo. Now that your replication core is offsite, this will be critical and will help you avoid this issue moving forward

support.quest.com/.../134726
Children
No Data