This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Replication bandwidth

We've just moved our replica core offsite, but TYPICALLY! our source core has decided to take a base of a very large volume on one of our FS, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.  not sure why it did but it has, anyway it now wants to copy 2.2Tb up to the offsite replica, nice!  Lucky we have a 1gbs line to our offsite location but we're only getting the replica job running at about 10MB/s.  I've got the replication set as follows, so it shouldn't be throttled, and there isn't anything else restricting traffic.  Any ideas as to how to increase the wire speed, is there a setting somewhere else?

Parents
  • There isn't a limitation built into the software that would throttle the replication speed outside the settings you provided. Replication will push out as fast as it can. You would notice this on a LAN based replication set up that is truly over a 1Gb link.

My recommendation is to run a few speed tests utilizing that link between the two Cores.
    When I troubleshoot replication performance, I normally begin with a few basic Internet speed tests to get an idea if I'm receiving the throughput the ISP said should be the case. After that I'll do an iPerf test (support.quest.com/.../131614). While the iPerf test going on, open Resource Monitor and check the disk IO utilization on both Cores and verify that Timing, Disk Queue, and Response Times are not displaying signs of concerning performance.
  • There isn't a limitation built into the software that would throttle the replication speed outside the settings you provided. Replication will push out as fast as it can. You would notice this on a LAN based replication set up that is truly over a 1Gb link.

My recommendation is to run a few speed tests utilizing that link between the two Cores.
    When I troubleshoot replication performance, I normally begin with a few basic Internet speed tests to get an idea if I'm receiving the throughput the ISP said should be the case. After that I'll do an iPerf test (support.quest.com/.../131614). While the iPerf test going on, open Resource Monitor and check the disk IO utilization on both Cores and verify that Timing, Disk Queue, and Response Times are not displaying signs of concerning performance.
Children
No Data