This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dataset move on agent server

We recently moved our data on our agent machine (2008 R2) from direct storage to a NAS iSCSI connection. The data is still presented on the agent machine but as new drive letters. 

How can I point rapid recovery to now back up what is the same data as before but with new drive letters and not have to start all over again with a base image? My goal here is to conserve space on the core server. The support folks told me to archive all existing data on the core, wipe the repository then point to the new location of the data. After that I can then restore that archive.

Forward thinking, will that still then force a base image on the new location or will we be able to start backup right where we were after doing this and do incrementals? I have a feeling a base image is going to be necessary anyway I do this.

Or can I "trick" rapid recovery by using the same drive letter. This doesn't seem a safe solution though.

Thanks for any input

Parents Reply Children
No Data