This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Recovery Disk Management

Hi All,

I just fired up the recovery console for the first time in RR and I noticed that there is no longer a disk management feature. In AA it was a tab where you could partition and format the destination volumes. It was pretty handy, is there a reason it was eliminated?

• Good catch, I never even realized it was missing. Looks like diskpart is still in there however so you'd have to open up command prompt and from the prompt:

x:\Windows\System32>diskpart.exe

That will open up diskpart and that allows you do partition your drives.

I hadn't noticed it was missing from the menu honestly.

• I'll give that a try. We bought a spare server just to try restoring with so I'm sure I'll have some other questions. I have done a few with AA but the process is a little different now it appears.

For example I gave up trying to preload drivers on the boot disk. I would not take zip files or inf files or exe's. I ended up extracting the driver files to a folder and just adding them to D:\Drivers folder on the boot USB I made from the iso. You can then "force load" RAID, NIC and chipset drivers one at a time from the rescue console. Browse to the drivers folder, select your inf file and load it.

EDIT: OK so I had forgotten that diskpart was command line. I was thinking GParted for some reason. I can figure it out but this is awful. We really need some sort of simple GUI based disk partitioning scheme on here.

• If the features you needed were in the AA boot cd you can still us the AA boot CDs with RR. In fact that is how you have to do a BMR of a 32 bit OS in RR, use an AA boot cd.
  • I actually tried that but it locked up at the recovery console. It's a brand new DL380 G10 so I'm finding a lack of support for some of the hardware in general.

Still definitely on the list of things it should have though.