This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Find how much space used to store Recovery Points for a Server

Hello Support,

We are having a SQL server Cluster with CSV and as the rapid recovery software does not support the Clustered Shared Volume for SQL Cluster, we are doing SQL native backup to SQL Server locally mounted drive and rapid recovery software snapshots the disk.

I can see the Recovery Points for a Server is around 11 TB, as the rapid recovery software will do the deduplication and compression, We would like to know the exact storage space used  to store the 11 TB recovery Point.

How can I see how much space has been used by the rapid recovery server to store 11 TB of  Recovery Points for the Server?

Parents
  • Two things here:

The first being the space question. The long and short of it is you can't know exactly how much data on disk it is utilizing due to the nature of dedupe. The only way to know for sure how much space 1 agent is taking up in the repo would be to only have that agent on that one repo, otherwise you can only guess with compression and dedupe in play. We tend to see that the space saving technology reduces the footprint by over 1/2, so I generally use the metric of do I at least have 40% of that size available.

There is not a however a clear cut metric to tell you what the space on disk will be for 1 node with dedupe and compression no.

The second, the SQL CSV. Depending on what you configured, that might be supported:

support.quest.com/.../185532

The Exchange and SQL CSVs do carry an amount of support with the product, as do CSV that are used to store HV VMs in an agent-less topology. That is what the 'protect cluster' feature is for in the product.
  • Two things here:

The first being the space question. The long and short of it is you can't know exactly how much data on disk it is utilizing due to the nature of dedupe. The only way to know for sure how much space 1 agent is taking up in the repo would be to only have that agent on that one repo, otherwise you can only guess with compression and dedupe in play. We tend to see that the space saving technology reduces the footprint by over 1/2, so I generally use the metric of do I at least have 40% of that size available.

There is not a however a clear cut metric to tell you what the space on disk will be for 1 node with dedupe and compression no.

The second, the SQL CSV. Depending on what you configured, that might be supported:

support.quest.com/.../185532

The Exchange and SQL CSVs do carry an amount of support with the product, as do CSV that are used to store HV VMs in an agent-less topology. That is what the 'protect cluster' feature is for in the product.
Children
No Data