This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How to easily restore an Rapid Recovery archive from AWS Glacier, we archive to AWS S3, then migrate S3 files to Glacier storage.

Rapid Recovery working fine, archive to AWS S3 bucket which we have set up for glacier storage class.  How do I restore from this?  Rapid Recovery does not see the glacier storage.

Parents
  • Hi brian.lynch_69952:
    You need to make a difference between Amazon specific features and RapidRecovery specific ones.

Technically speaking it is not possible to access AmazonAWS Glacier data directly. Amazon may come with this feature at some point but to my knowledge it is not available now and the general design of Glacier does not allow it.
    On the other side, Software Vendors/Integrators such as Rapid Recovery may include code to simplify the access process to different Amazon AWS containers and features. For instance I have written a script for Microsoft Azure which creates automatically the containers needed for archiving without requiring the user to log in the Azure console (which may be confusing to use for beginners), simplifying the overall process and extending Rapid Recovery usability.

Returning to Amazon AWS and Rapid Recovery, such features that streamline the retrieval process may or may not be added in a future build (this depends on the decisions of the Product Manager), the underlying process will be the same: Glacier data will be temporarily copied to S3 for retrieval as this is how Glacier works.

• Hi brian.lynch_69952:
    You need to make a difference between Amazon specific features and RapidRecovery specific ones.

Technically speaking it is not possible to access AmazonAWS Glacier data directly. Amazon may come with this feature at some point but to my knowledge it is not available now and the general design of Glacier does not allow it.
    On the other side, Software Vendors/Integrators such as Rapid Recovery may include code to simplify the access process to different Amazon AWS containers and features. For instance I have written a script for Microsoft Azure which creates automatically the containers needed for archiving without requiring the user to log in the Azure console (which may be confusing to use for beginners), simplifying the overall process and extending Rapid Recovery usability.

Returning to Amazon AWS and Rapid Recovery, such features that streamline the retrieval process may or may not be added in a future build (this depends on the decisions of the Product Manager), the underlying process will be the same: Glacier data will be temporarily copied to S3 for retrieval as this is how Glacier works.

Children
No Data