This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BMR to Dissimilar fails

Hi All,

I have a 2008r2 machine running on a DL380G8 I am attempting to BMR to a New DL380G10.

The drivers seems to be correct, at least they allow the array to show up and the restore to complete but the server will not boot with a BSOD of 0x0000007e. The Windows startup recovery console fails with a 0x0000005 error if I run it for what that's worth.

I followed all the steps listed on KB 129213 to no avail.

Any ideas?

• I found a 2008r2 RAID driver from the Mfg (not HP) and now it boots to login but KB and mouse do not work. Is it possible to inject some generic USB drivers?
  • Hi Corrigun:
    Most likely, the issue is Windows 2008R2, as it has no support for USB3.0. I would  guess that you are trying to connect the Mouse/KB via a USB 3.0 port (which is not supported). To my knowledge, there are some INTEL USB3.0 drivers for Windows 2008R2 but they may (or may not) work in your environment as they do not have a great service record.

Some mid-range DELL Servers have a BIOS option to disable USB 3.0 (the lower range ones like T330/340 have USB 3.0 only ports); there is a good chance that a similar option is available for HP servers especially that the DL380 is a pretty high end one. 

Otherwise, the sensible solution is using ILO to configure the machine and connect via RDP or, for a less frustrating solution, adding a USB 2.0 card if your DL380 has the appropriate riser card.

Hope that this helps.

• I decided to virtualize this server. Selected as the correct answer as it likely is a 2008r2 issue.