This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Broken Volume Image

I keep getting an error message from Appassure about "Recovery Point check has failed".

This is the info I get

Recovery points of Agent '(Server name)' contains broken volume image(s).

Checking recovery points has failed

Failed to mount volume image(s): D:\

I removed all the backups on this server and restarted a new base image, but the problem still occurs.

• Hi pkuo:
    Please get the list of recovery points for the agent that fails to mount and see if any of them is orphaned (in the GUI is should be displayed in the column that says if a recovery point is incremental or base image). If you find such a recovery point it means that the protection chain is broken, meaning that there is not enough information to be able to "hydrate" a chain of incrementals ending with a base. If this is the case, this is a serious issue and I strongly recommend opening a support case. Otherwise, there may be a host of issues causing a recovery point mount operation to fail, for instance a driver timeout. I won't elaborate as I believe that, for the peace of your mind and for the sake of the integrity of your data, opening a support ticket is the best solution even of orphaned recovery points are not present.
    Once the issue is solved, please let us know what it was.