This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Agent is orphaned by this Core

We recently did a Core migration of Rapid Recover 6.1.3 to a new server and all is well except for one client.

It's a VMware server running Linux and when I'm in the Core Console, then go to the Vcenter server and +Protected Machine I'm able to find the machine and select it.  Then I get a warning, "Agent is orphaned by this Core".  I click Next and protect it, but it never shows up in the list of protected servers.

The thing is, this is a new server, we've never backed it up with Rapid Recovery before.

I searched the registry of the old Core and new Core and there are no references to that server.

Any suggestions.

Parents
  • The first thing that comes to mind is if the machine is a clone of another VM. The Rapid Recovery core will place an ID within the .vmx file of each protected VM. That ID is what RR uses to associate that VM with recovery points, and uses that as the placeholder within the database. The situation you are describing is what would happen if 1 or more VMs share that entry, which commonly happens with cloned VMs.

This can be corrected by manually changing the ID in the .vmx file of that VM and then bringing it under protection. I believe the entry in the .vmx is: 

ddprr-apprecovery-agent-id 

• The first thing that comes to mind is if the machine is a clone of another VM. The Rapid Recovery core will place an ID within the .vmx file of each protected VM. That ID is what RR uses to associate that VM with recovery points, and uses that as the placeholder within the database. The situation you are describing is what would happen if 1 or more VMs share that entry, which commonly happens with cloned VMs.

This can be corrected by manually changing the ID in the .vmx file of that VM and then bringing it under protection. I believe the entry in the .vmx is: 

ddprr-apprecovery-agent-id 

Children
No Data