This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sharepoint Restore with Docretriever

Hi

I'm trying to do a restore of a file from sharepoint using docretriever and I'm getting the following error message.

"timeout while trying to connect to the database. Retry?"

Has any seen this before or have any idea how to fix it?

windows 2008 r2, sql express 2012, docretriever 6.0.2.144, Rapid Recovery 6.0.2.144

Cheers 

Matthew 

• Hi Matthew:
    There use to be a defect -- D-21352 (support.software.dell.com/.../132122 that had a similar symptom. However it was referring to SharePoint 2013 and it was fixed in Doc Retriever 6.0.1 while you are on the 6.0.2 buid. As such I do not think that it applies.

There are some limitation regarding SQL Express:
    Microsoft SQL Server Express 2012 with Advanced Services is supported.

To use the content search function of DocRetriever, Express version installed must be Microsoft SQL Server Express with Advanced Services.

If using SQL Server Express 2008 R2 or 2012, SharePoint databases must be smaller than 10 GB.

I trust that you satisfy the conditions above.

It may be worth watching two videos below as of how to install DocRetriever and how to restore using it as the issue you encounter may have a benign cause (i.e. not pointing to the correct configuration database or not selecting the correct configuration database logs).
    The videos I mentioned are:

Rapid Recovery - How to install Doc Retriever
    www.youtube.com/watch

Doc Retriever for Sharepoint -- Restore
    www.youtube.com/watch

Hope that this helps.
  • Additionally here is a DocRetriever for SharePoint user guide which could come in handy

documents.software.dell.com/.../
  • Verify that the account used by SQL has access to the location where the SharePoint database backups are mounted.
  • Got it sorted, turned out to be that SQL didn't have access to the area on the c:\ that RR was mounting the recovery points to. Changed the user account that starts the SQL service to one the same one as the RR service and it is now working fine.

Thanks for your help[