This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forest Recovery Console - RODC not found on project creation/update

Hi there,

I have stumbled across an issue regarding the Forest Recovery Console and RODCs. Whenever I have an RODC as the only DC in an AD site, it will not show up in the list of DCs when updating the project. I could reproduce this issue in two independent environments with version 8.6.3 and version 8.8.

Example: The AD contains two sites, Site A and Site B. Site A contains two RWDCs, while Site B contains only one RODC. When I create a new project, connecting to the forest, only the two RWDCs in Site A will show up. When I move one of the RWDCs from Site A to Site B and update the project, it will show the moved RWDC as "modified" (correct) and the RODC as "added" (correct as well). When I move the RWDC back to Site A and update the project, it will show the RWDC as "modified" (again correct) and the RODC as "removed". The last bit is what puzzles me.

Am I missing something here? I double-checked the site configuration, nothing unusual there. The user used to access the forest has domain admin rights.

Does the Forest Edition only support RODCs if they are in the same site together with atleast one RWDC?

Thank you for your input!

Ruben

Parents
  • Please look KB or manuals on RODC. My understanding: RODC is the DC which should not be touched to write-in and can be read-from only. the RODC is locked completely. Therefore it is positive and correct abd might be by design behavior, that RMAD-FE cannot use RODC for both Online Restore and Forest DR (which to require Agents (Backup, DR, OnlineRestore) to be written-in to the RODC).

• Please look KB or manuals on RODC. My understanding: RODC is the DC which should not be touched to write-in and can be read-from only. the RODC is locked completely. Therefore it is positive and correct abd might be by design behavior, that RMAD-FE cannot use RODC for both Online Restore and Forest DR (which to require Agents (Backup, DR, OnlineRestore) to be written-in to the RODC).

Children
No Data