This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Exchange Processing in an interforest migration scenario with native mailbox moves

Hi all, 

Currently i'm doing an inter forest AD and Exchange move (mailbox move = native moves). So I've used the mail-enabled users for native move option. All of this is working very well. 

But I'm not familiar with the Exchange Processing task at this moment. What approach should I take on this one ? My guess is:

1. Process exchange with the option Leave source accounts (processing is on the source exchange server)
  2. After everyone is migrated with account and mailbox, process exchange for cleanup (processing is on the target exchange server)

Is this a first of all working approach? And if, is this the way i should approach it? Are there things i'm overlooking? 

Thanks for helping!

With kind regards,

Sebastian 

• Hi Sebastian,

Actually, as you are doing native move, you do not require any further processing. The Exchange Processing task would be to assign certain permissions, and cleanup, but as native move brings these all over without any special configuration, you are all set.
    Luke