This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Stat 5.3: Migrating Oracle Stored Procedures in Peoplesoft?

Urgent! I need to know how, or if even possible, to use STAT to migrate Oracle stored procedures. I am one of three Oracle DBAs supporting tightly locked down environment and the developers are demanding access to create and compile proprietary Oracle stored procedures in the development environment. At this point, we have only a handful of procedures (<~50) that have been developed over the years and require maintenance. We have tightened security in our database environments and have restricted compilations of source to a developer's private account. Now, the issue is - how to use STAT to add the procedure to a PeopleSoft archive set and to allow the developers to execute a build using App Designer (albeit, only in development) that creates the procedure in the development database IN THE PEOPLESOFT schema?

Parents
  • Jeff -
    I guess I should have responded to this thread. I escalated this issue to Dell Support and we concluded that although possible, the integration between STAT and PeopleSoft is restricted to PeopleSoft object types which do not include proprietary database components like functions, procedures, and packages for example. The issue isn't that STAT doesn't have the capability, but rather how to integrate database objects within a PeopleSoft AppDesigner archive set that represents a deployable, version-controled, delivery 'package'. Until such time that there is a 1:1 correlation between database types and Oracle PS AppDesigner types, this will remain an issue. So, not a STAT issue but an Oracle tool limitation.
  • Jeff -
    I guess I should have responded to this thread. I escalated this issue to Dell Support and we concluded that although possible, the integration between STAT and PeopleSoft is restricted to PeopleSoft object types which do not include proprietary database components like functions, procedures, and packages for example. The issue isn't that STAT doesn't have the capability, but rather how to integrate database objects within a PeopleSoft AppDesigner archive set that represents a deployable, version-controled, delivery 'package'. Until such time that there is a 1:1 correlation between database types and Oracle PS AppDesigner types, this will remain an issue. So, not a STAT issue but an Oracle tool limitation.
Children
No Data