This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Unable to Start Oracle Agent (New R12 Instance).

I Installed a new Oracle Agent for a R12 OEBS Instance but the agent will not start. I tried to Start it as 11i Agent and the result is the same any suggestions ? The log shows limited info:

DEBUG [main] (OAStatAgent.java:236) - rootAppender=org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender@1507fb2
DEBUG [main] (StatRepository.java:449) - getInstance(-1,gold,cmxoebsgold.xxxxxxxxxx.com.mx)
DEBUG [main] (StatRepository.java:313) - StatRepository(-1)
DEBUG [main] (StatRepository.java:343) - getting Stat Database info using conf parameters.
DEBUG [main] (StatRepository.java:395) - oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver,jdbc:oracle:thin:@//172.20.2.115:1521/statd,stat
DEBUG [main] (StatRepository.java:489) - getDBConnection(-1)
DETAIL [main] (StatRepository.java:492) - Connecting to Stat repository...
TRACE [main] (StatRepository.java:531) - URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@//172.20.2.115:1521/statd

Any suggestions are welcome, we´re in the process of renewing our support contract but were on a tight deadline.

FATAL.err:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoauthenticate.setSessionFields(T4CTTIoauthenticate.java:1034)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CTTIoauthenticate.<init>(T4CTTIoauthenticate.java:257)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.logon(T4CConnection.java:565)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.PhysicalConnection.<init>(PhysicalConnection.java:711)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CConnection.<init>(T4CConnection.java:385)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.T4CDriverExtension.getConnection(T4CDriverExtension.java:30)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.connect(OracleDriver.java:558)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:582)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager.java:154)
at com.quest.stat.StatRepository.getDBConnection(StatRepository.java:532)
at com.quest.stat.StatRepository.<init>(StatRepository.java:416)
at com.quest.stat.StatRepository.getInstance(StatRepository.java:453)
at com.quest.stat.oracle.OAStatAgent.getDBVersion(OAStatAgent.java:738)
at com.quest.stat.oracle.OAStatAgent.main(OAStatAgent.java:241)
Caused by: java.lang.SecurityException: Prohibited package name: java.util
at java.lang.ClassLoader.preDefineClass(ClassLoader.java:479)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:625)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:171)
at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleLocale.<clinit>(OracleLocale.java:57)
... 14 more

My guess is there´s a network issue as it seems the agent is unable to connect to the Stat repository.

• Juan, My initial guess is this may be a java version problem. Where does STAT_JAVA_HOME point for your Oracle agent? Was it changed by the upgrade to R12? Is it a supported version for the Oracle Agent? Or did your listener type change, possibly to a SCAN listener? And have you logged a support case with Quest?
  • I copied all of the folders of the non-starting Ora Agent in a different server that does run an Oracle Agent and the agent did connect to the STAT repository. So I now I know it is a network problem. I´m able to ping the SCA host from the Ora Agent host, any suggestions on troubleshooting this issue ??
  • Can you TNSPing the SCA host from the Ora Agent host? Can you SQLplus to the Stat repository from the Ora Agent Host? That may help you find the error.
  • Thanks Jeff, I used the exact same version of JAVA as all the other working agents, but the server of the new Ora agent may be different, so I will look into that.
    The STAT_JAVA_HOME points to a custom JAVA_HOME It is jdk1.6.0_45. How can i check the type of listener ? I cant log a support case right now were in the process of renewing the support contract and it seems it may take a few weeks before that can be completed.
  • Actually I don't think the listener could be the problem because that is the Stat repository listener that matters here and that didn't change. But it would be defined in the listener.ora on the DB server. What is your version of Stat? Also, testing to make sure you can SQLplus to the repository would be a very positive step. It would focus you on the network and DB setup without considering the Stat configuration.
  • I was able to tnsping the host but not the DB, I added the TNSNAMES entry and I´m now able to sqlplus to it. But still no change when trying to start the Oracle agent :(
  • So the good news is that it doesn't seem to be a network error. I am thinking it is either something in stat.conf or something in your java setup. Do all the items match between stat.conf and your TNSNAMES.ora? Server=172.20.2.115 port=1521 name=statd And is statd the SID, the service name or both. I am surprised that your are not getting an ORA-XXXX error anyplace. That makes me think it is a java issue. See if there are any differences between the contents of your STAT_JAVA_HOME on the working server and the one that doesn't. Or any .jar differences in $STAT_HOME/lib on your Ora Agent host.
  • I used Solaris´ Java jdk1.7.0_72 and it seems I´m now able to reach Stat´s repository. Now i need to figure out what I need to reset as i tried multiple configurations. Thanks Jeff !!