This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Does anyone have post-refresh scripts/processes they'd like to share?

Apologies if this is asked already somewhere, but I couldn't find it.

I am performing an upgrade from 5.7.3 to 6.1.  I had the DBA refresh STATDEV from STATPRD.  From the refresh perspective (not the upgrade perspective) what should I do so that STATDEV doesn't think it's still STATPRD?  What tables need to be updated?  What changes need to be made.

I have already discovered two things : all the jobs need to be de-activated (or maybe changed) since they are blowing up, and the "from" address needs to be updated so STATDEV issues that are e-mailed are not reacted to as if they were coming from STATPRD.  I know there  has to be more, so I don't accidentally perform a test in STATDEV that accidentally causes BAD THINGS in, well, the migration stream, or really, anywhere?

If you've ever cloned/refresh a lower environment from another environment, especially in PeopleSoft, you'll understand what I am asking for.

I also understand this doesn't really happen this often (mostly at upgrade time) but, still, that's enough to have a process.

peace,

clark 'the dragon' willis

Parents
  • Hi Clark,

Realize this is a Community and not a Support site so don't count on getting responses.
    What should the be the expectation when Posting? I'm think it would be low on getting responses. A lot of my own forum posts have gone unanswered and most of my ideas that I posted have gone unanswered. So I feel lucky when I do get a response.

By the way, I am a Stat for Oracle E-Business user.

Regards.
    Tom
  • Hi Clark,

Realize this is a Community and not a Support site so don't count on getting responses.
    What should the be the expectation when Posting? I'm think it would be low on getting responses. A lot of my own forum posts have gone unanswered and most of my ideas that I posted have gone unanswered. So I feel lucky when I do get a response.

By the way, I am a Stat for Oracle E-Business user.

Regards.
    Tom
Children
No Data