Upgrade

We have 5.42 of STAT in production on version 8.47 PeopleTools. We are upgrade our PeopleTools to 8.49.

Do we need to upgrade our STAT database to reflex the new changes in 8.49 of Peoplesoft?

• You will need to upgrade your staging databases (or create a new one) for the new Tools version to use with the upgraded PeopleSoft databases. As you upgrade your PeopleSoft databases, you will need to update the definition in Stat to reflect the correct Tools version.

Hope this helps-

Cheryl

• Nicely Done Cheryl.   Alan, If you go to the Supportlink.quest.com, you should be able to find a Whitepaper on doing Tools Upgrades.  There are precautions you will want to note.  Please let me know if you are not able to find the info needed and I will track something down for you. HTH Bill Hart.

Respectfully,

William R. Hart

Solutions Architect

Quest Software, Inc.

• Bill, I've been looking this morning as we're also looking at starting a PT upgrade. I can't find the white paper you mentioned. Can you give me more details on where to find it? I can't find it on supportlink or in the community library under white papers.
    Thanks!
    Josh
  • Hi Joshua,
    I sent you a private message - if you can email me I will send the requested docs.  I could not do an attachment via the standard message.

Bill Hart

Respectfully,

William R. Hart

Solutions Architect

Quest Software, Inc.

• Hi Josh,I’ve attached a whitepaper called “StatACM_ThePowerToChange_TechBrief.pdf”  It is in the Library here.  It outlines points to note during an upgrade.  Hope this helps,Bill Hart

Respectfully,

William R. Hart

Solutions Architect

Quest Software, Inc.

• Hi Bill,

I came across this post as I was searching for details regarding my PT upgrade. We are in 5.6.1 and upgrading PT from 8.48 to 8.52 and moving to new Linux server. Where can I find the white paper that you mentioned in earlier post? Can you pls let me know?

Thanks

Guru

• Hi Guru,

I see your point - I could not find the paper either!  I'll get it posted asap.  However in the meantime, please Private Message me at William.Hart@quest.com and I will send you the paper directly.

Respectfully,

William R. Hart

Solutions Architect

Dell Software Group

Respectfully,

William R. Hart

Solutions Architect

Quest Software, Inc.

• Alan,

I will suggest following two things, that may help you deciding your upgrade.

1. Upgrade the stage database instead of creating a new one which will reduce lots of other setups. But with said that you may have to look into the specifications your current database is in. If it is an older version of Oracle/Sql, you may need to upgrade to higher version to be compliant with Stat and Peopletools.

2. Upgrade Stat to latest version (5.6.3 or 5.6.4) so that you may not have to plan an upgrade in near future, I may say for next 6 to 12 months or more.

When you are waiting for the whitepaper for details for upgrade, I have small tip for the upgrade.

You may need to Upgrade your tools in 3 phase

5.4.2 -> 5.5.0 ->5.6.0-> 5.6.3/5.6.4

Also during the intermediate upgrade stages, you don`t need to set agents and other steps. You can raise a support ticket with quest and they will guide you thru the detailed process. Its not that tough and will take hardly a day to configure all these setup.

thanks,

Nayeem

• In reply to nayeem123:

Quest STAT Team,

I am looking for the white paper StatACM_ThePowerToChange_TechBrief.pdf referenced in earlier posts above. Can someone help me locate it?

I have successfully upgraded my PeopleSoft applications to tools 8.55 and am live, and am currently engaged in getting my STAT application upgraded to version 6, and the affiliated tools SYS STAGE database upgraded as well. Any link to this PDF would be most welcome.

Thanks very much,
    Kimberley Stephens