Please elaborate the steps for the creation of on demand application in web statistica
In reply to Lizhen.Liu:
In reply to Data_Analyzer:
To do analysis in Enterprise and WebStatistica, you need to:
1. First create a "Database Connection" in Enterprise manager to connect to the database where your data is stored, for example, a SQL database.
Go to Enterprise Manager, there is a node named "Database Connection", right click on it, and select "New Database Connection".
In the dialog appeared, select the right OLEDB provider for your database where your data are stored,
Then click on "Connection" tab in the same dialog, Specify the database Server Name, login authentication for your database, database name, then click on "Test Connection" to make sure the connection is successful.
Click OK. Then give a name to the Database Connection, follow the Enterprise steps to specify permissions, and then click "Commit" to save the database connection.
2. Create a "Data Configuration" in Enterprise Manager to query a dataset table from the Database connected in step 1.
In Enterprise Manager, under root "Statistica Enterprise" node, create a new folder under that node, right click on the new folder, select "New Data Configuration",
In the Data Configuration dialog, give a Data Configuration name, Specify the Database Connection created from step1, click on "New" to create a new data "Query".
In the "Query" dialog, give a name, click on "SQL Wizard" to open the SQL query dialog, Drag the specific data table of interest and select a subset of variables of interest, or write SQL code in the SQL code box, click on green arrow to execute the SQL query to import the variables selected to Statistica.
The SQL scripts and the properties of the variables imported will be listed in Enterprise data query dialog.
You can refer to this webpage for the details of how to drag tables and select variables of interest in the SQL query dialog:
3. Once the data table and variables are loaded in Enterprise data configuration, you can proceed to create a Analysis Configuration to do your analysis based on the Data configuration.
More instructions can be found here though the help documents are a bit outdated for newer Statistica versions:
Database Connection: http://documentation.statsoft.com/STATISTICAHelp.aspx?path=EnterpriseManager/Examples/Example3SettingupaDatabaseConnection
Data Configuration: http://documentation.statsoft.com/STATISTICAHelp.aspx?path=EnterpriseManager/Examples/Example4SettingUpADataConfiguration
Analysis Configuration: http://documentation.statsoft.com/STATISTICAHelp.aspx?path=EnterpriseManager/Examples/Example5SettingUpaQCAnalysisConfiguration
Report Configuration: http://documentation.statsoft.com/STATISTICAHelp.aspx?path=EnterpriseManager/Examples/Example6SettingUpaReportConfiguration
Hope it helps.
Thanks for the detailed info
I was trying to access the database connection from web statistica , the following error is received
Please help me
In WebStatistica, first click on "Open Dataset" node, the "Select Data Source" dialog appears. Expand the folders and select a dataset/spreadsheet as active DataSource.
Then you can click on "Create/Edit Query" button, then give a name and paste in the Database Connection string.
The above Database connection string can be copied from the Database Connection that was set in Enterprise Manager, as in below figure.
Then specify Maximum Rows and click OK to continue follow instructions to edit the query. You will be requested to enter the Query String (e.g. the SQL query) for retrieving the desired data (fields) from the database. It is similar to the SQL statement in Data Configuration in Enterprise Manager.
Hope it helps.
Or Alternatively, you can click on "Create Dataset" to create a new data file.
Create a new spreadsheet. The spreadsheet created will be under "My Directory" folder when you click on "Open Dataset" to select the data source.
Create a dataset from Database connection and dataset Query:
You can always click on the question mark "?" on the top right corner of the dialog for more explanations on the parameters and options available.
1) WebStatistica Files and Queries should be saved in WebStatistica server, which you have setted up when installing WebStatistica.
There should be a folder created in the Server after installation of WebStatistica, namely :\WebSTATISTICAPub\RepositoryRoot. You should be able to find your data files there.
2) In WebStatistica, go to "Repository Management", select the files that you want to check access permission. Click on "Security".
The security dialog appears, and you can click on "Show All Users", and then edit the access permission of users to the selected files.
So my suggestion to you is that:
1. First click on "Create Dataset" through IDP connection. Enter the Connection string and Query string as well for the data table. The "Connection string" is already the datadbase connection, and the "Query string" is already the SQL statement to query certain table in the datadbase and retrieve a subset of the variable columns in the database table. These two strings have already completed the process similar to database connection and data configuration in Enterprise Manager.
2. "Open Dataset" provides option for you to open and further edit the datatable created in step 1. You can edit the connection string and query string in this "Create/Edit Query" option.
3. Once the Data table is well setted, you can click on "Run saved query" to execute the query. If error occurs, you can always go back to "Create/Edit query" tab to edit your connection string and query string.
Hope it is clear now.
Thanks again Liu
I tried to execute the same , but getting some error
attaching the screenshot
Have you run saved query to check if your database connection and dataset query are correct, and the database table is successfully retrieved? before you proceed to do statistical analysis.