Welcome to the Unified Communications Command Suite Community!

Read Blog  Watch Videos  Get Support  Learn More
UCCS Forum Posts
UCCS Blog Posts
    • 20 Jul 2017

Bungled access control spills data on 200 million Americans. Maybe you?

Once again, let’s all learn the lesson about improper access control being at the root of yet another information leak, shall we? As reported by the BBC and many others, the personal data of 200 million U.S. citizens was accidentally exposed online due to an improperly configured security setting. Here’s my favorite comment/quote from the story: "Since this event has come to our attention, we...
    • 19 Jul 2017

Three Reasons I’m Inspired by Microsoft Inspire

What a week! More than 17,000 attendees packed a convention center in Washington D.C. to hear Microsoft’s latest direction and connect with partners and ISVs from around the globe. Microsoft wasted no time getting down to business and delivered a week full of new initiatives and reinforced strategic direction for partners to execute. I walked away convinced Microsoft has the right vision to help customers –...
    • 18 Jul 2017

Advantages of an Active Directory Auditing Agents

Understanding the architecture of a product is vital for a customer in deciding if it is a good fit for their organization. Over the years, we've seen debates on whether agent-based or agent-less solutions are a better fit for organizations. A decision needs to be made whether or not the benefits of an agent merit its use. In my 15+ year tenure at Quest, we have released both agent-based and agent-less Active Directory...
    • 17 Jul 2017

Windows Permissions and Security – Four Kinds of Dull Tasks We’ve Automated for You

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” Maybe Rear Admiral Grace Hopper was first to say that , and maybe she wasn’t. She certainly knew a thing or two about permission . I think that if she’d known what network administrators go through, she’d have said that almost anything is easier than managing Windows permissions across an entire IT environment. In my previous...
    • 14 Jul 2017

WWE Data Leak Lesson - Tighten Data Security or Face the Sweet Chin Music

Data leaks and security breaches can happen to anyone, at any time. You never know when some jabroni is hiding under the wrestling ring with a steel chair, ready to attack and steal your data! The most recent example is the July 6 story from Forbes.com citing the massive WWE data leak, exposing 3 million global wrestling fans’ personal information, including home addresses, educational background, earnings and ethnicity...
    • 14 Jul 2017

Windows Permissions and Access Control – Stick Shift or Automatic?

If managing Windows permissions is like driving a car, would you rather have a stick shift or an automatic transmission? A stick shift is cool, and it makes you feel like a teenager again. Kind of like the Microsoft security tools you get inside Windows. “Looks like the guys in Finance are having trouble with inherited permissions,” you tell your colleagues importantly. “I’ll run subinacl on...
    • 14 Jul 2017

GDPR Compliance FAQ

Thank you to everyone who joined the June 22 webcast, GDPR Compliance Planning for Microsoft Environments . Microsoft MVP Greg Schulz and Quest principal technology strategist Colin Truran led a great, interactive session where they discussed: Why GDPR and other regulations impact your environment How to assess and identify compliance risks How to discover who has access to sensitive resources Why real-time...
    • 13 Jul 2017

Managing Windows Permissions and Security from a Single Console

Think of all the places in your environment where Windows permissions are located: Windows file servers, Exchange mailboxes, SharePoint sites, SQL Server databases, NAS/SAN filers . . . the list goes on. Now think about the security scenarios that boil down to Windows permissions management : “The new marketing team moved in upstairs and they can’t connect to their new printer.” “A system...
    • 10 Jul 2017

Who’s in the cloud? Quest On Demand is – and it’s available now!

We are proud to unveil Quest On Demand , our first Microsoft Platform Management SaaS solution -- to better serve our customers who are rapidly adopting Azure AD and Office 365. Yes, you heard that right, it’s Software-as-a-Service! Our expandable design means we can very quickly grow our cloud portfolio while keeping it easy for customers and partners to adopt just the modules they want. Our preview customers...
    • 6 Jul 2017

A new version of Migrator for Notes to Exchange is now available!

We are excited to announce a new version of Migrator for Notes to Exchange 4.15 is now available for download. Look what's new: Completely re-engineered folder mapping and filtering algorithm - The folder mapping and filtering algorithm has been completely re-designed to provide a much cleaner migration experience using default settings, without any [Filters] defined. Windows Server 2016 is now supported ...
Recommended For You