This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Show Virtual Machine in "My Repositories"

Hi all,

I use vRanger 7.2, I have a repository with only the last backup job inside.

I need to restore from a month ago buckup job. This job it was in other folder so I copied vRanger folder buckup to the current repository folder. I restart the server, go to "My Repositories" but the month ago copy not appears in the Repository.

Is it necesary to do something to tell vRanger that the old backup is inside the same folder that current backups? How can I restore from this old backup?

Thanks in advance,

• Hello Dmaeztu,

The global manifest is the one that holds the repository information. In here, we specify every single savepoint that has been created for every virtual machine. By copying the savepoint to the repository folder, it won't show up until the global manifest for that repository has been updated.

I would recommend you to do a restore from manifest, which should allow you to look for the virtual machine individual manifest without the need of the global manifest. This also contains the virtual machine information.
  • Perfect Alexis, this works.

Thank you very much.