This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Vanger 7.5.1 VM Restore kills Virtual Network Adapter from VM

Hello Quest / Vranger Team,

I use Vranger 7.5.1 and wanted to restore a vm from Manifest in my Test-lab.

(Copied Backup Folder)

But the restored vm is missing the network adapter that the orginal VM has. ( No Network Adapter at all)

This seems to be new with vranger 7.5, as this worked before with 7.3.

Can someone confirm this?

• Hello Stefan,

We have identified this as a defect. Restoring to the original network it had will create the VM without any problems, but restoring it to a different network will create it without networking.

At the moment, the only workaround is to restore to the original network without powering on, then changing the network to the desired one. You can also use vRanger 7.3.1 installed in a workstation or VM in the test environment to restore from manifest while we release a fix for this issue.
  • Hello Alexis,
    i can confirm that downgrade to 7.3.1 helps. When can we expect a fix or will this be with the upcoming Vranger 7.6 Release for ESXi 6.5?
  • We don't have an ETA at this moment for a patch, but the fix will be present in vRanger 7.6 which should be released this quarter.
  • Just an additional update, a patch has been created for our customers. Please create a service request to obtain it.