Windows Server 2008R2
vCenter appliance 6
vRanger backups ok without appliances. When I add appliance(s) the backup tasks fail with error in subject line. When I delete appliance from vRanger backups are successful.
This error is followed by nothing else. Doesn't even get as far as making a snapshot and no mention in error about attempting to use appliance.
As long as I use just the Windows vRanger server backups and restores work. But as soon as I add appliance, every backup fails. I've done some minor checking such as space but most things suggested on internet would also prevent the Windows vRanger from backing up VM's.
This is strictly VM's and no Physical servers. Hopefully someone can throw a few ideas to point me in the right direction.
In reply to Andrew G:
Upgraded 2008R2 vRanger server to 7.5.1. This did not help.
Built new 2012R2 Windows server with 7.5.1 and used the existing VA's. Doing this fixed the issue. VRanger now uses the VA's. I also want to add that 7.5.1 is a great improvement over past versions but the GUI still locks up which was claimed to be fixed LOL :[