This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Upgrade 7.6 from 7.5.1

Guys.

I am trying to upgrade to version 7.6 from version 7.5.1. I really need this as we have vCenter 6.5. However when installing it bombs out with the error message below. 

Error in package Visual C++ 10.0 Runtime: Error when running package Visual C++ 10.0 Runtime. Error code: 0x800713EC

I have tried uninstalling the C++ update and trying again but no joy. I can't install C++ manually as it thinks there is a newer version installed. However there is not. 

I have had a read of the known issues and confirm that the updates required are installed. I am running server 2012 R2 with all patches up to date. 

Can anyone help with this issue please?

Parents
  • Thanks, cjwallace.

The link was not super useful, but your answer certainly worked for me. I had two different C++ 2010 Redistributables (one x86 and one x64) and a C++ 2010 Runtime installed. I was running version 7.5.1, like yourself, on a Windows Server 2008 R2 system. I was receiving the same error and the install package works perfectly now. Andrew G's answer was unfortunately less than helpful. The release notes for this version of vRanger are full of all kinds of issues and I somehow missed this issue and the workaround given by cjwallace. So, thanks again!
  • Thanks, cjwallace.

The link was not super useful, but your answer certainly worked for me. I had two different C++ 2010 Redistributables (one x86 and one x64) and a C++ 2010 Runtime installed. I was running version 7.5.1, like yourself, on a Windows Server 2008 R2 system. I was receiving the same error and the install package works perfectly now. Andrew G's answer was unfortunately less than helpful. The release notes for this version of vRanger are full of all kinds of issues and I somehow missed this issue and the workaround given by cjwallace. So, thanks again!
Children
No Data