This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error: API Call failed with message: RuntimeFault.summary (vRanger 7.6, vSphere 6.5)

Hi,

I'm on vRanger 7.6.0.0 with 7.6 VA:s and after upgrading to vSphere 6.5 (from 6.0) all new replication jobs fail with error:

Error: API Call failed with message: RuntimeFault.summary

In vSphere:

RuntimeFault.summary

Cannot apply encryption policy. You must set the default KMS cluster.

The error appears when the replica VM is about to be created.

I do not use KMS, no VM encryption and no virtual datastores. Older replication jobs, where replica already exists do work. Backups work too.

I also have no problems creating, cloning and deleting VM:s in vSphere with my vRanger user account.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Parents
  • I have tried to restore VM directly to VM host, it´ s working without any problems .. but when I connect host to vCenter server every time I have under "Select Disk Storage" only VM Encryption Policy and there all storages ... it´´ s seems to be a problem with vCenter server ?

I have tried to install separe instance of vCenter server ( defualt install ), but problem persist ..

Direct host :

Connect via vCenter server :

• I have tried to restore VM directly to VM host, it´ s working without any problems .. but when I connect host to vCenter server every time I have under "Select Disk Storage" only VM Encryption Policy and there all storages ... it´´ s seems to be a problem with vCenter server ?

I have tried to install separe instance of vCenter server ( defualt install ), but problem persist ..

Direct host :

Connect via vCenter server :

Children
No Data