This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Error: API Call failed with message: RuntimeFault.summary (vRanger 7.6, vSphere 6.5)

Hi,

I'm on vRanger 7.6.0.0 with 7.6 VA:s and after upgrading to vSphere 6.5 (from 6.0) all new replication jobs fail with error:

Error: API Call failed with message: RuntimeFault.summary

In vSphere:

RuntimeFault.summary

Cannot apply encryption policy. You must set the default KMS cluster.

The error appears when the replica VM is about to be created.

I do not use KMS, no VM encryption and no virtual datastores. Older replication jobs, where replica already exists do work. Backups work too.

I also have no problems creating, cloning and deleting VM:s in vSphere with my vRanger user account.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Parents
  • I understand that you are having issues performing new replications as it keeps failing with RuntimeFault.summary.

Cause :
    With vSphere 6.5 a new storage policy called VM Encryption Policy was introduced, please go through the link blogs.vmware.com/.../whats-new-in-vsphere-6-5-security.html for more information related to Encryption Policy.

While restoring or replicating a Virtual Machine from vRanger by default all the destination data stores are listed under VM Encryption Policy and If there is no KMS (Key Management Server) server configured then the restore or replication of new VM would fail.

Here is a KB article with a workaround which should address the encryption issue, i request you to please perform the same resolution steps as per below KB article which should help in overcoming the encryption issue for both the backup and replication.

support.quest.com/.../231617
  • I understand that you are having issues performing new replications as it keeps failing with RuntimeFault.summary.

Cause :
    With vSphere 6.5 a new storage policy called VM Encryption Policy was introduced, please go through the link blogs.vmware.com/.../whats-new-in-vsphere-6-5-security.html for more information related to Encryption Policy.

While restoring or replicating a Virtual Machine from vRanger by default all the destination data stores are listed under VM Encryption Policy and If there is no KMS (Key Management Server) server configured then the restore or replication of new VM would fail.

Here is a KB article with a workaround which should address the encryption issue, i request you to please perform the same resolution steps as per below KB article which should help in overcoming the encryption issue for both the backup and replication.

support.quest.com/.../231617
Children
No Data