Quest is excited to announce the release of Migration Manager for Email Archives. This brand-new email archive migration solution is a key addition to Dell’s ZeroIMPACT migration solutions for Office 365 and Exchange.
Now that Exchange 2016 is here, there will be a wave of customers considering upgrades to their on-premises messaging systems or even migrations to the cloud. During these migrations, it’s easy to focus on the “live” mailbox in Exchange and lose sight of legacy email archives on platforms such as Enterprise Vault. But email archiving is essential for supporting legal discovery requirements, ensuring compliance with regulatory obligations, improving storage management and reducing storage costs.
So when it comes to email archive migration, whether on-premises or cloud, preparation is key because there are many unique challenges associated with these daunting projects such as:
- Project complexity — Email archive migrations are incredibly complex, but unfortunately there are no native tools to help. Copy and paste is a time-consuming, manual process that increases the risk of data loss and lacks the auditing needed to preserve chain-of-custody.
- Limited budget and resources — Migrations are expensive projects that require considerable expertise and resources. Many customers may not have budget to hire additional staff, so the existing staff is often tasked with managing the migration in addition to their full plate of daily duties. The existing staff rarely has much (if any) migration experience, but must become experts quickly.
- Time and network bandwidth constraints — Organizations may have a forced deadline such as an end of support date, while others have an internal timeline they’re required to meet. But archive mailboxes are enormous, often 10-20x larger than live mailboxes. Moving huge volumes of data consumes massive amounts of network bandwidth, which can affect the performance of other applications.
- Risk of business disruption — Data loss or interrupted access to archives can disrupt user productivity and swamp the help desk with support calls.
- Legal and compliance risk — With email archive migrations, there is additional pressure from the CISO or compliance team because archived email must remain discoverable and retrievable. Loss of regulated data can trigger investigations, lawsuits, fines and negative publicity. Also, migrating email archives without strict audit trails can compromise chain-of-custody.
But migrating archives doesn’t have to be the stuff of nightmares, because you can ensure a ZeroIMPACT migration with Dell Migration Manager for Email Archives.
Migration Manager for Email Archives helps you seamlessly migrate email archives up to five times faster than other solutions, so you can protect network resources and bandwidth for business applications. As you can see on the diagram below, we migrate from various source and targets with a single solution.
- On the Source side, we migrate from the most common legacy archives such as Symantec Enterprise Vault, ZANTAZ EAS, EMC SourceOne, Dell Archive Manager and Sherpa Mail Attender.
- On the Target side, most of our migrations will go to Exchange on-prem or Office 365. But we also support Enterprise Vault as a target, Proofpoint, and moving to other cloud archives through PSTs.
Your end users won’t notice a thing … because they’ll have continuous access to their archives throughout the migration.
And if you need your archives for legal discovery or compliance reasons -- don’t worry. Migration Manager preserves chain-of-custody by capturing full audit trails and security logs, while validating that migrated data has not been tampered with in any way.
So with Dell Migration Manager for Email Archives, you can quickly and easily move your archives to the platforms that make the most sense for your business.
We invite you to download a free 30-day trial of our new product by clicking the button below.