Coming soon…A new Quest
We are on a quest – one that’s built upon an exceptional past and is sure to deliver an unprecedented future. And we want you to be a part of it!
Watch the new Quest, join the innovation video now and get a preview at what's coming next. Then, register to be one of the first to receive all the latest news as we transition to this new chapter.
Foglight for Virtualization, Enterprise Edition 8.5 / Capacity Director
The latest version of Foglight for Virtualization, Enterprise Edition provides comprehensive capacity lifecycle management functionality thanks to the new feature, Capacity Director.
- Capacity insights – See how many virtual machines (VMs) can fit on which clusters, identify bottlenecks, and calculate remaining time and capacity for memory, CPU, storage and IOPS.
- Scenario Modeler – Visualize the impact of potential workload and infrastructure changes.
- Server refresh – Know when to buy virtual memory, what to buy and estimate your budget requirements.
- Host requirements – Predict how many ESX hosts you need today and in future.
Foglight Capacity Director 5.7.1 can be licensed for $499 per socket, with any active Foglight for Virtualization, Enterprise Edition license. To install, download the new 8.5 files from Foglight for Virtualization support and follow the instructions. Try out Foglight for Virtualization, Enterprise Edition 8.5 for free.
New versions of the following cartridges with minor bug fixes are available for download:
- Foglight for Active Directory 5.7.0
- Foglight for Exchange 5.7.0 (with optional installation for Foglight for Office 365)
Foglight for Virtualization, Standard Edition
Foglight for Virtualization, Standard Edition, is no longer available for purchase. Support for current customers will continue through August 2017, but will be limited after December 31, 2016. Take advantage of our special discount pricing for customers who upgrade from Standard Edition to Foglight Enterprise Edition.
Webcasts and Videos
Tips + Tricks for Monitoring Your Entire IT Stack
Presented the first Tuesday of every month, at 9:00-10:00 am PT
See how easy it is to analyze and optimize across your IT stack when you have complete visibility into your virtual, physical, OS, applications, and storage infrastructure.
You’ll also get a demonstration of how Foglight for Virtualization, Enterprise Edition, enables you to:
- Visualize VM to LUN and across virtualized Microsoft Exchange, Active Directory and OS
- Analyze performance with the IntelliProfileTM analytics engine
- Accurately plan for capacity and manage capital expenditures
- Reclaim waste and reduce operational expenditures
- Easily track change management and cost analysis
Recorded date: August 24, 2016 at 11:00 am PT / 2:00 ET
In this on-demand webcast, we identify the top challenges of VMware administration and offer techniques and solutions for addressing them. We’ll also cover how it allows you to proactively manage VMware performance, improve user satisfaction, and protect your data.
Webcast series: Foglight Administrator Skills 101
Duration: 30 minutes
Build solid skills around important features and capabilities while helping your organization realize the full value of its investment in Foglight with our monthly Foglight Administrator Skills 101 webcasts. Each session features a live product demo, interactive Q&A session and focuses on a different core Foglight topic.
Be sure to bookmark this page to see future dates and topics, as well as recorded sessions.
Foglight Customer Care Program
Maximize the value of your investment in Foglight with our new care program. Designed to specifically support the needs of customers like you, our Foglight Customer Care Program provides you with access to a wealth of information and support in the following areas:
- Refresher training on specific product functionality
- How-to resources, FAQs, and other product and support materials
- Expert-led guidance for new Foglight implementations, performance tuning and formalized training
To participate in this free program, please visit our support page. Once you’re enrolled, you’ll be assigned a senior Foglight Customer Care support representative, who will follow up with your account on a monthly basis.
Are you current on Maintenance? Contact us today!
Remember, when you renew, you can:
- Download the latest software version and major releases for your product
- Secure your system with bug fixes and patches
- Manage your account and service requests
- Get expert technical support – online, by phone, email, and chat
- Manage your licensing and assets as well as request license key assistance
For more information:
- Check for the latest release of your software products
- Visit the licensing assistance page
- Learn more about the benefits from support services
- Need support for Foglight for Virtualization? Visit our Support Portal.
Contact your renewal representative today.
Join our Systems & Information Management Community!
Check out our new SIM community to stay connected with your fellow admins and network with IT experts. Stay up to date by reading our latest blogs and ask questions, share your thoughts, and provide feedback anytime!
Our support engineers and customers can connect with each other to participate in discussions about all things Foglight and more. The Foglight community is monitored by our social support engineers, and the community conversations cover a variety of topics where you can view customer threads, videos, documents, and blogs. Visit our Foglight Community today!
Check out our latest blog topics below:
Let us help you get the maximum value from Foglight. Email our team at CustomerService@software.dell.com with any comments or questions.
Looking for a way to stay up to date on Foglight news? Follow @Quest on Twitter