Is there a better way to start the winter holiday season then a new release of an awesome product? Here're the latest news from Site Administrator for SharePoint team: new version release - and new areas of SharePoint management!
I am very excited to share this news with you: Site Administrator for SharePoint version 4.4 just went live and is available for download from Quest web site. You can watch this video recorded by our Ghazwan Khairi, our SharePoint Systems Consultant, to learn what's new in this version.
Just in case you like reading more than watching, here's the short recap of the new features in Site Administrator 4.4:
- NEW: SharePoint Online Overview report is now available in Information Portal.
- Similar to Enterprise Overview, the report allows to quickly assess the size and storage space use of an Office 365 SharePoint Online environments. You can expect to see familiar info and charts, such as
- Aggregated numbers and size
- Information growth trend
- Largest site collections, sites, and documents across the entire SharePoint Online tenant
- Storage space distribution across the current content, older versions and data in recycle bins
- Most popular file types
- Several metrics specific to SharePoint Online are added, such as number of licenses and number of activated user accounts, or the billing information.
- SharePoint Online report in 4.4 is available to all customers who purchase Site Administrator and use Information Portal for their on premises SharePoint.
- The SharePoint Online overview report works for Office 365 Enterprise subscriptions.
- Enhanced report export in Information Portal. This includes:
- Ability to schedule the CSV export for all table reports, such as site and user permissions, documents, site collections, content databases, etc. Information Portal can now automatically create a CSV export of any of these reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis - or on custom schedule.
- PDF export for any of the dashboard reports (Enterprise, site metrics, and site usage).
- Finally, various performance and scalability improvements for the Information Portal continue to strengthen Site Administrator for the enterprise-wide deployments.
Please go ahead and download the latest Site Administrator version with 30 days embedded free trial key. Let us know what you think via the community forums on this site.