Toad™ Data Modeler 6.0 is a major release with new features and functionality.
Toad™ Data Modeler has always enabled its users to reverse engineer database structures, update models, design and generate SQL, compare models along with other functionality. With the release of Toad Data Modeler 6.0, the product looks better than ever. This beauty is due to its new graphic engine.
- This new graphic engine gives the application sharper font rendering including smoother and clearer rendering of objects. This upgrade fixes of various issues from older versions related to graphics. Objects in Designer are now rendered at the same size when using the same scale, regardless of display resolution. Toad Data Modeler now supports Partial high DPI.
- Toad Data Modeler now supports content permissions for various roles within Toad Intelligence Central (TIC). It is now possible to log in to TIC server using Windows credentials. Adding to this feature, TIC servers can be now automatically discovered when creating a new connection.
- Application Variables are now resolved inside Default Values, e.g. when generating a Change Script.
- Several connection dialogs improvements were made to the Connections dialogs, depending on each database platform and data provider.
- Toad Data Modeler now automatically detects whether a database is case sensitive or not and reverses objects according to that preference. Users can choose whether the scripts should be reverse engineered as Case Sensitive or not when reverse engineering DDL scripts.
- The Compare reports have been enhanced to display icons indicating comparison status of specific items.
A complete set of Toad Data Modeler 6.0 new features is available at Toad Data Modeler 6.0 – Release Notes - New Features.