Take a look at these new features in Toad for DB2 6.2.
- Right-click an object and select Remove Item to remove an object (and its dependencies from the Map).
- A maximum objects count can be set in Options | Database Map | General. If you drag too many objects into the map an information dialog appears.
- A new dedicated File and Edit menus for general functions.
- Use the new Toad Library to manage all Toad files.
- Click the Library button to access the Library.
- Click Add to Library and then browse to and select one or more files.
- Your file is added to the Library but remains in its original location.
- As the number of files in your Library grows, use filter, group, and search features to easily find the files you need.
- You can add topics and use them to group files. You can add keyword tags to individual files and use these to filter, group, or search.
- You can run Automation scripts from the Library. Right-click the script and select Execute.
- This release includes an enhancement that improves available memory space.
- This improvement will be most noticeable if you frequently encounter “out of memory” errors.
New Format Script Button
- You can easily format objects DDL scripts using a new button in a Script Tab.
LUW Specific Features
Object Compare Enhancements
Compare DDL scripts to live objects
- Select Tools | Compare | Compare DDL to Live Objects to compare DDL scripts from saved files to objects in your database.
- The following DDL statements are supported:
CREATE TABLE LIKE
CREATE TYPE DISTINCT
CREATE TYPE ARRAY
z/OS Specific Features
z/OS – Enhancement to show the data sharing member name
- A member name is now displayed if you connect to a DB2 z/OS Data Sharing environment.
- Hover over a Tab or a Connection to display Connection Information.
- When you use REBALANCE keyword a second REORG is generated that ensures the data is rebalanced and all rows are in clustering order.
- It is used for clustering Indexes on Tables in partitioned Tablespaces.
For a full list and further details about new features, please refer to the Toad for DB2 Release Notes found in the Support Portal's Technical Documentation page here.