We are pleased to announce a new version of the Quest DR Series deduplication and storage software v 126.96.36.199, with current support of Veeam 9.5 and RapidCIFS. This combination of Veeam and Quest technologies means the DR Series can offer significantly higher ingest rates – up to 4x according to internal testing* - than our competitors. In addition, our engineering team has lead innovation and interoperability testing of the DR OS with the latest Veritas and Windows 2016 OS support for iSCSI and Fibre Channel initiator.
Here’s what's new in DR OS 188.8.131.52:
- Veeam 9.5 qualified and DR Series RapidCIFS qualified with Veeam 9.5 (awaiting certification from Veeam)
- Backup Exec 16 and NetBackup 8.0 (on Windows 2016) support
- Windows 2016 OS support iSCSI and FC Initiator (not SMB3)
- 36TB Shelf support for DR4000 base units (DR4100 supported in 184.108.40.206 and 220.127.116.11)
- DR4300e Core specific performance improvements and recommended release for DR4300e Core customers
According to DR Series appliances senior product manager Joshua Konkle, the combination of Veeam 9.5 and DR RapidCIFS is currently in use with customers across the globe. Early feedback shows a 4x improvement on ingest speeds per stream over top like competitors. Konkle and the DR team are also continuing to test with those customers and are working to obtain official certification with Veeam in the near future.
For more information regarding upgrades for Quest DR Series Appliance models, see this Knowledge Base Article: How to upgrade the DR4000/4100/6000.
We also recently has a very intriguing webcast featuring DR Appliances Product Manager Joshua Konkle and noted speaker and CTO of MTM Technologies Bill Kleyman talking about the role of virtual appliances in hyperconverged environments. You can access a replay of that webcast here.
The DR Appliance Migration Assist Service is designed to remotely assist you with migrating your current backup solution onto a new production DR Appliance. Refreshing your hardware addresses workload strains by delivering next generation hardware to provide greater capacity and capabilities. Whether your team lacks the technical expertise, or may not have time to migrate your backup solution, our subject matter experts lead you through this process using our time-tested migration methodology. Our team works with you to configure, replicate, and migrate your solution quickly and efficiently in order to maximize your return on investment.
- Save valuable time with help from experts to refresh your DR Appliance
- Ensure your solution is set up quickly and properly
- Mitigate risks during upgrades through experienced consultants
- Overcome internal resource constraints and free up staff to focus on other priorities
- Maximize your return on your system investment
DR OS 18.104.22.168 is available for download on the support portal. For a test run or to create a backup storage appliance using your existing HCI infrastructure – try our DR2000v 12TB standalone, starting at less than $900/TB for a 1 year license.
Be sure to check out the DR Series Product Support page to find solution articles, tips and tricks, tutorials, documentation, notifications, life cycle tables, training, and a product user forum.
*dedupe rates and ingest vary for all customers and data types, these results may not be your results. For best results, our employees, partners, and customers are using Veeam active full, forever forward, and forward incremental.