We are long past, but beginning with SQL Server 2012, security privileges changed and you cannot use the LocalSystem account as you could previously for authentication. You used to be able to use the LocalSystem account as the default for the sysadmin role, however you now must use one of the following authentication methods. For authentication with SQL Server 2012 or later you must use a domain account (including Administrator) that has the SQL Server sysadmin role OR change the Log on as option for SQL Server Service to use a domain user that has the required privileges.
If the SQL Server is not part of a domain, you can use a Local user that has the sysadmin role or change the 'Log on as' option for SQL Server Service to use a local user that has the required privileges.
- Ensure that the selected domain or local user account has the sysadmin role assigned to it.
- Complete at lease ONE of the following:
- In Windows Control Panel > Administrative > Services, locate and select NetVault Process Manager, and click Stop. Right-click NetVault Process Manager, and select Properties. On the Log On tab, ensure that NetVault Backup runs using the account that has the SQL Server sysadmin role. Start the NetVault Process Manager.
- In the SQL Server Configuration Manager, click SQL Server Services. In the details pane, right-click the name of the applicable SQL Server instance, and click Properties. In the SQL Server Properties dialog box, click the Log On tab. For Log on as, select the account that has the SQL Server sysadmin role. In Windows Control Panel > Administrative > Services, stop and start the SQL Server Service.
- Use SQL Server Management Studio, to add the domain or local user account that has the sysadmin privileges to the SQL Server. You can use SQL Server Management Studio to add this account, or enter the following in a command prompt:
CREATE LOGIN [<domainName>\<loginName>] FROM WINDOWS;
*Click the link for more information: CREATE LOGIN (Transact-SQL)
*Click the link for more information: SP_ADDSRVROLEMEMBER (Transact-SQL)