- New Quest On Demand Migration provides simple, safe and fast Microsoft Office 365 tenant-to-tenant migration of accounts, email and OneDrive
- Helps IT teams with seamless merging and consolidating of Office 365 tenants
- Accelerates Office 365 consolidation projects with discovery, assessment and scheduling automation, along with real-time monitoring capabilities
July 16, 2018 – Quest Software, a global systems management and security software provider, today announced the availability of Quest On Demand Migration, the newest offering to its Microsoft Azure-hosted software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform, Quest On Demand. Quest has been helping organizations migrate, manage and protect Microsoft platforms for nearly 20 years and is now extending this expertise to the cloud.
With increasing merger, acquisition and divestiture activity and the ongoing surge in Microsoft Office 365 adoption, more and more companies need help consolidating their Office 365 tenants. Quest On Demand Migration automates complex, repetitive, and error prone steps in the migration process. With On Demand Migration, businesses benefit from a single, intuitive interface to easily manage discovery, assessment and configuration for migration of accounts, email and OneDrive.
On Demand Migration, the second in a series of offerings to be delivered within the On Demand portfolio, demonstrates Quest’s commitment to rapidly delivering new modules based on customer demand and with a common user experience. The Quest On Demand platform also offers On Demand Recovery for robust backup and recovery of Office 365 and Azure Active Directory (AD) users, groups, attributes and group membership, as well as technical previews for ‘soon to be released’ solutions: On Demand Audit and On Demand Group Management. By extending capabilities to include multi-tenant audit and search and Office 365 group management, Quest On Demand is offering organizations more cost effective ways to manage and maintain control of their Office 365 and Azure AD workloads from one place.
“Quest is committed to delivering solutions to market that leverage an organization’s investment in Microsoft and supports them in their journey to the cloud,” Michael Tweddle, President and GM, Quest Microsoft Platform Management. “As our customers migrate workloads to the cloud, they are looking for management and migration solutions delivered in a service model to support their Office 365 cloud platform of choice. Quest On Demand has all the tools they need - from management to recovery and now migration – making it simple for IT teams to perform even the most complex migration projects in the cloud.”
Built in the Cloud, for the Cloud
Migration projects are complex. To ensure least disruption and impact to the business, organizations plan and manage them with insight and control. A manual migration project makes the organization vulnerable to security risks, lost data, and more. On Demand Migration takes a simple, automated approach to tenant-to-tenant migration, allowing organizations to not only reduce migration project costs, but to also perform more reliable migrations moving Azure AD, Exchange Online, and OneDrive resources from one Office 365 tenant to another with a few clicks. IT teams can see potential issues from the start, resolve them early, and ensure users have access to the resources they need no matter what phase the business is in within the migration project. Additionally, users can easily enable co-existence from day one to support employee productivity and calendar sharing. Real-time dashboard monitoring provides the status of the project from start to finish with real-time alerts to any issues along the way. Flexible licensing means the business can start the migration without hesitation and accommodate growth easily.
Key features/benefits of On Demand Migration include:
- Pre-Migration Discovery and Assessment allows IT teams to determine which accounts need to be migrated in source environments and proactively identify and match all source and target users to eliminate duplications.
- Project Management Dashboard provides real-time monitoring to plan, stage and schedule the migration. A completely automated approach saves the business money and eliminates manual tasks by making it simple to migrate user groups in batches or individually. Users can troubleshoot and fix potential problem areas even before the migration begins and monitor migration project progress dynamically.
- Day one Co-existence guarantees that free/busy information is available to both source and target users throughout the migration. Directory information is copied and forwarding addresses set automatically to ensure no impact to communication as users are migrated.
- Complete Tenant-to-Tenant Migration allows users to consolidate two separate Office 365 tenants in one, regardless of size.
“We share a common goal with Quest and that is helping organizations modernize their IT infrastructures so they can get to the cloud faster,” said Mike Ammerlaan, director, Microsoft Office 365 Ecosystem at Microsoft Corp. “Quest has been a valued partner for several years and the release of On Demand Migration is a tool that will ensure a smooth migration for our Office 365 customers.”
Pricing and Availability
Quest On Demand Migration is available now with a flexible pricing model. For more information, go here.
To request access to technical previews for On Demand Audit and On Demand Group Management please go here.
Checkout our video gallery.
Join the Quest On Demand Community.
See Quest On Demand Migration in action at Microsoft Inspire, July 15-19, Las Vegas, booth #123.
Quest Software helps customers solve complex technology problems with simple solutions. At Quest, we believe the right technology eliminates the need to choose between efficiency and effectiveness. With Quest solutions, companies of all sizes can reduce the time and money spent on IT administration and security, so you have more time to focus on and invest in business innovation. Quest has more than 100,000 customers worldwide across its portfolio of software solutions spanning information management, data protection, endpoint systems management, identity and access management, and Microsoft platform management. For more information, visit www.quest.com.
# # #
+1 (619) 952-3758