- Virtual admins can eliminate waste and forecast capacity requirements to reduce costs and complexity
- Industry leading cloud analytics enables modeling of VM to public and private cloud migrations in minutes
- New VMware Cloud on AWS Certification support
- Solution to be showcased at VMworld 2018 Quest booth #1054
ALISO VIEJO, CALIF. – August 27, 2018 – Quest Software, a global systems management, data protection and security software provider, today announced the availability of Foglight for Virtualization, Enterprise Edition 8.8. With the latest version of Foglight for Virtualization, IT teams gain the full visibility needed to quickly identify performance bottlenecks, predict cloud migration costs, decommission wasted resources, and automate capacity requirements across the virtual hybrid data center before they impact the business. Foglight for Virtualization, with new support for VMWare Cloud on AWS, takes the complexity out of managing virtual environments, reducing the time spent on mitigating performance issues and ensuring the data center supports the business’s most critical applications. To see Quest Foglight for Virtualization Enterprise in action, please visit Quest booth #1054 at VMworld 2108 in Las Vegas, Nevada.
“As more organizations leverage the cloud for production, they often learn the hard way that resources and costs can easily spiral out of control,” said Mark D’Apice, Executive Director of R&D and Product Management, Quest Data Protection. “It is now more important than ever for IT teams to have complete visibility into their growing virtual hybrid infrastructure to ensure both performance, resources and budget are optimized. Foglight for Virtualization is designed to give businesses deep insights to control spend, reduce unnecessary hardware purchases, and enable agility to ensure the most business-critical applications are up and running at all times. With Foglight for Virtualization, IT teams can focus on the business – not bottlenecks.”
Key Foglight for Virtualization, Enterprise Edition 8.8 Features and Benefits
The latest version of Foglight for Virtualization supports VMware and Microsoft hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) platforms, expands storage array support, and simplifies SLA management. Foglight for Virtualization 8.8 is now certified for VMware Cloud on AWS with additional support for Azure and AWS. Additionally, a technical preview supports Kubernetes and Docker containers, helping businesses avoid performance bottlenecks and manage demand across CPU, memory, storage and IOPS.
Additional details and other key features and functionalities new to Foglight for Virtualization 8.8 include:
- Cost Director: Accurate chargeback and hybrid data center cost management aggregates costs associated with space, software licenses, add-ons, hardware and operating expenses.
- Hyperconverged Infrastructure Support: Helps IT teams monitor VMware vSAN and Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct in context with compute to expose contention and reduce troubleshooting to minutes rather than hours.
- Support of VMware Cloud on AWS: Customers benefitting from VMware’s enterprise-class Software-Defined Data Center software and looking to implement elastic, bare-metal infrastructure from AWS with VMWare Cloud on AWS can control costs and increase compute utilization efficiencies and create operational consistency across on-premises and cloud environments.
- Enhanced Business Service Management & SLAs: Advanced visualizations of service relationships, automatic OS-level dependency discovery, and a simplified service-building workflow help IT teams easily find the root cause and understand the true impact of an issue.
- Foglight Container Management: In technical preview, Foglight Container Management shows live heatmaps that track Kubernetes and Docker Swarm container resource consumption and historic charts that reveal performance-impacting trends to keep container environments healthy.
- EMC VPLEX Array Support: Support for EMC VPLEX storage Virtualization to view performance, availability and visual dependency mapping from VM through to the supporting physical storage.
“We have been using Foglight for Virtualization for the past 18 months to help manage our virtualized SQL Environments,” said Ming Yeung, Database Team Lead, Westpac. “With version 8.8 we’re now able to provide a quantitative cost of our environments based on consumption which then allows us to compare against potential public cloud offerings along with live billing data. This new capability has greatly simplified our cloud migration projects. Prior to version 8.8 we had no accurate way of really knowing if migrating a VM to the public cloud was going to save or cost us money. Now we see the costs before, during and after.”
Further expanding Quest’s predictive business continuity capabilities, Foglight for Virtualization 8.8 also features a new integration with Quest NetVault Backup. With the integration, businesses can monitor and manage multiple NetVault servers simultaneously through a single console to resolve backup failures in minutes and ensure their entire environment is always recoverable.
Foglight for Virtualization Enterprise 8.8 is available now. For more information go here.
Quest at VMworld 2018
Quest will provide live demos of Foglight for Virtualization 8.8 at VMworld this week in Las Vegas, Nevada at booth #1054. Other featured solutions include the recently launched, next-generation secondary storage platform QoreStor, NetVault Backup for comprehensive enterprise data protection, and Quest’s award-winning image-based backup and recovery solution Rapid Recovery.
Quest executives will also deliver ongoing booth presentations on timely topics such as cloud environment optimization, reducing virtual data center costs, and simplifying data backup and recovery. Stop by the booth or visit Quest online to learn more, here.
Quest helps solve the complex technology and security problems that stand in the way of organizations’ ability to always be ready for what’s next. With Quest solutions, companies of all sizes can reduce the time and money spent on IT administration, data protection and security, so they have more time to focus on and invest in business innovation. Quest has more than 100,000 customers worldwide across its portfolio of software solutions spanning information management, data protection, endpoint systems management, identity and access management, and Microsoft platform management. For more information, visit www.quest.com.
# # #
+1 (619) 952-3758