- Next-Generation Deduplication Platform Enables Organizations to Reduce Backup Time and Replicate Data Fast and Secure to the Cloud
ALISO VIEJO, CALIF. – August 7, 2018 – Quest Software, a global systems management, data protection and security software provider, today announced the general availability of Quest QoreStor, a new software-defined secondary storage platform with enterprise class compression and deduplication technology that is backup vendor agnostic. QoreStor is designed to help organizations accelerate backup performance, reduce storage requirements and costs by a factor of 20:1, as well as enable faster and safer cloud replication for data archiving, disaster recovery and business continuity. With QoreStor, businesses can address compliance requirements and benefit from an always-on, always-available IT environment to support their organizations’ digital transformations to better serve their customers.
“We understand better than anyone that rising storage requirements and costs, combined with slow data backup and replication, are major impediments to business continuity,” said Mark D’Apice, Executive Director of R&D and Product Management, Quest Data Protection. “QoreStor tackles these challenges by delivering the secure and reliable deduplication and replication capabilities IT teams need to keep their business up and running while minimizing storage costs and maximizing backup performance.”
Faster Backups, Lower Storage Costs to Support the Digital Enterprise
The continuous availability of applications and data is more important than ever to support today’s digital enterprise. In fact, just one hour of downtime costs most businesses anywhere from $200,000 to $5 million, according to a recent study by Statista. However, as data continues to grow exponentially, businesses are challenged by slow data backups and rising storage costs, making rock-solid data backup, recovery and business continuity exceedingly difficult.
QoreStor leverages Quest’s industry proven DR Series of enterprise class deduplication and replication technologies with a software-defined delivery model that is easy to deploy and manage. With QoreStor’s hardware and software agnostic platform, IT organizations can add deduplication and replication to their existing applications easily, reducing storage requirements and costs by leveraging existing technology investments. The platform supports a wide range of backup and storage solutions from leading vendors including Quest, CommVault, Dell/EMC, Veritas, Veeam and IBM. Additionally, it supports leading virtualization platforms and cloud service providers, including: Azure, Amazon Web Services, VMWare, Hyper-V and KVM.
QoreStor also has a cloud portal, designed to give any customer or MSP the ability to easily manage all instances of QoreStor from any location and from any device. It features built in support capabilities that enhance any needed support requests.
“As a strategic partner for Quest, we’re excited about the release of QoreStor and the opportunity it brings to fill a market opportunity in Latin America with an enterprise-class solution that helps organizations adopt the cloud while complying with their existing data recovery practices,” said M.C.S. Queberth Soto, CTO, Adistec Corp. “We look forward to helping organizations replicate data to our datacenters in-country to make their business more resilient.”
QoreStor Key Features & Functionality:
- Next-generation storage dedupe engine: Lowers backup storage capacity requirements by up to 20:1 and helps organizations take advantage of enterprise-class variable-block deduplication.
- Built-in protocol accelerators: Write operations with optimized client-side deduplication accelerate data ingest by up to 20 terabytes per hour to address ever-shrinking backup windows. Only unique data chunks are sent to QoreStor.
- Remote replication for disaster recovery: Businesses have the benefit of replicating only changed data to a remote site, reducing replication windows by up to 10 to 15 times and reducing network bandwidth requirements by up to 85 percent.
- Direct cloud backup: Source-side deduplication where only changes are transmitted allows organizations to back up directly to the cloud over a WAN but with LAN-like speeds. QoreStor also enables recovery point objectives (RPOs) on par with on-premises deployments -- even over a WAN.
- Secure connect: Eliminates incomplete backups due to disconnected links by automatically continuing a backup once the connection is re-established. Additionally, all data sent across the WAN is encrypted.
- Data security: Built-in encryption at rest, secure erase and FIPS 140-2 compliance help businesses address demanding security requirements. Encryption at rest uses industry-standard 256-bit Advanced Encryption Standard keys, which are generated either one time or at set intervals.
Additional Information & Resources
QoreStor is available today. For more information go here.
To download a free trial of QoreStor, go here.
About Quest Software
Quest helps solve the complex technology and security problems that stand in the way of organizations’ ability to always be ready for what’s next. With Quest solutions, companies of all sizes can reduce the time and money spent on IT administration and security, so they have more time to focus on and invest in business innovation. Quest has more than 100,000 customers worldwide across its portfolio of software solutions spanning information management, data protection, endpoint systems management, identity and access management, and Microsoft platform management. For more information, visit www.quest.com.
+1 (619) 952-3758