Remote Scan Client Not working for one user

I cannot get remote scan client to work for one user. All other users work fine. I have given this user full access to the twain_32 directory, twain.dll, twain_32.dll, twunk_16.exe, and twunk_32.exe. I have made this user a domain admin, turned off the windows firewall but the remote scan dialog box will not appear. I have tested this with multiple users that do not have admin rights with the firewall turned on and it works for all of them. Unfortunately, I have the remote scan server license on the one user that it does not work for. Remote scan client is installed on a windows 2003 terminal server. I am using version 9.432 I do not no what else to do. Please help. Thank you.
Parents
  • The thing to do then is to take a look at the homepath\windows\ directory for the user/s who can see RemoteScan within your application.

Log in as a user who is working, run the SET command as previously described, and determine the homepath location for the working user.

Log into the server as admin, browse to the working user's homepath\windows\ directory, copy the RemoteScan files from the dir:

twain_32 (directory)
    Twain.dll
    Twain_32.dll
    Twunk_16.exe
    Twunk_32.exe

Now that the files are copied, browse to the NON working user account homepath. Paste the files you copied into this user's homepath.

If that does not fix the issue, then you may not be updating the correct homepath for the non working user. You need to make sure that you know the correct homepath directory for the non working user.
  • The thing to do then is to take a look at the homepath\windows\ directory for the user/s who can see RemoteScan within your application.

Log in as a user who is working, run the SET command as previously described, and determine the homepath location for the working user.

Log into the server as admin, browse to the working user's homepath\windows\ directory, copy the RemoteScan files from the dir:

twain_32 (directory)
    Twain.dll
    Twain_32.dll
    Twunk_16.exe
    Twunk_32.exe

Now that the files are copied, browse to the NON working user account homepath. Paste the files you copied into this user's homepath.

If that does not fix the issue, then you may not be updating the correct homepath for the non working user. You need to make sure that you know the correct homepath directory for the non working user.
Children
No Data