- Datum:Oct. 22, 2020
- Zeit: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EST
When it comes to SQL Server database performance, query tuning is critical. But pinpointing the root cause of performance issues is challenging, and you may be spending way too much time trying to identify and resolve problems. If you’re frustrated with your query tuning efforts, this webcast is for you.
In this session, Oracle ACE Director Janis Griffin demonstrates how Foglight® for Databases by Quest® makes it easy to find and fix problematic queries.
You’ll learn how to use the powerful functionality in this toolset, including the multi-dimensional Performance Investigator and Quest SQL Optimizer, to quickly rewrite a query or discover the best index to use. Regardless of the complexity of your database or your skill level, this systematic approach will lead you down the correct tuning path with no guessing, saving you countless hours on query tuning and SQL Server performance optimization.
Janis will show you how to:
- Use wait types to quickly identify bottlenecks and get clues on the best tuning approach
- Identify inefficient operations by reviewing query execution plans
- Rewrite queries to get the best execution plans
- Janis Griffin, Quest Software