- Recorded Date:Oct. 13, 2021
- Event:On Demand
NoSQL databases let you store vast amounts of data in the cloud where it’s available for universal access by any type of device. Yet, while many of us excel at accumulating vast amounts of data, most of us struggle to analyze it.
Analyzing NoSQL big data uses a methodology called data modeling, which comprises a range of techniques and algorithms. You’ll need to understand these techniques and algorithms to decide which data modeling approach best suits your application.
In this webcast, IT technologist Mel Beckman and erwin® by Quest® expert Andy McGovern cover the most popular data modeling methods and their appropriate use cases.
You will learn:
- How to avoid inefficiencies caused by mismatching your application and modeling strategy
- About denormalization, aggregates and application side joins, as well as the five major modeling paradigms
- How NoSQL data modeling techniques can be useful in your application, especially if you’re unfamiliar with the intrinsic flexibility of NoSQL
- Mel Beckman, Contributing Editor, ITPro Today
- Andy McGovern, Sr. Principal Consultant, Erwin