Simplified performance management
Gain visibility into your heterogeneous virtual environment from a single-pane-of-glass dashboard, including details on resource utilization and associated costs, alarms, and bottlenecks to ensure SLAs are met. Easily pinpoint current and future potential issues across VMware ESX(i), Microsoft Hyper-V, and RHEV hypervisors and drill down into root cause.
- Create custom business views to organize and manage virtual objects
- Set up dynamic rules-based business views
- Detect existing and emerging VM performance issues
- Determine root cause and impact of performance issues
- Remediate VM performance issues quickly and easily with automation
Comprehensive capacity and resource utilization management
Control capital expenditures (CAPEX) and ensure ongoing capacity optimization with deep insight into resource utilization across your virtual infrastructure. Easily monitor and access current workload capacity, identify shortfalls, analyze alternative scenarios, and plan for data center growth or additional virtualized workloads.
- Identify available slots to safely deploy additional VMs
- Predict resource exhaustion in VMs
- Model hardware changes and forecast future purchasing needs
Dynamic change tracking
Continuous compliance with IT policies and regulatory requirements is only possible when enforced with the right virtual environment operations management technology. Gain visibility into configuration changes and easily remediate unwanted administrator or vSphere changes that may have caused performance issues.
- Track and query the changes that occur in a virtualized environment
- Automatically roll back changes which have caused performance issues
- Gauge the configuration drift of VMs in the environment
Insightful chargeback and showback reporting
Simplify the management of the business of the data center and improve the return on investment of your existing IT infrastructure with cost visibility and accountability across virtualization operations. Prioritize optimization efforts with insights into the largest contributors to data center costs and most expensive VM workloads.
- Query the environment and generate operational reports
- Generate overview/management-level reports and, if applicable, chargeback or other cost reports
- Securely distribute reports, cost info and other exported system data
Reduce operating expenses (OPEX) while guaranteeing service levels and quality of service with a focus on virtual environment optimization and automation to proactively prevent problems from occurring. Automate the allocation of VM resources to ensure optimal performance of fluctuating workloads.
- Size VM resource allocations correctly with automation
- Identify and remove data waste files and idle VMs with automation
- Make changes in a timely fashion without incurring significant overhead