Before installing MessageStats Business Insights, ensure your system meets the following minimum hardware and software requirements:
|Processor||Minimum: Quad core 64-bit computer.|
|RAM||Minimum: 16 GB.|
The following storage is required for installation and operation:
- 100 MB for the application.
- 500 MB for the SQL configuration database.
- For the Storage Engine service, the required storage depends on the number of mailboxes from which you are gathering data. For specific information about the required storage, see the MessageStats Business Insights Deployment Guide.
- Windows 7 (64 bit version) or later
- Windows Server 2008 R2 (SP 1) or later
- SQL Server 2008 or later
- SQL Server Express 2008 or later
|Web Site||IIS (Internet Information Services) 7.0|
For the required configuration, see the MessageStats Business Insights Quick Start Guide.
|Data Engine Service|
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4 (full version) or later
- WCF Data Services 5.0 for OData Version 3
To download WCF Data Services 5.0 for OData, see the following link:
|Storage Engine Service||64-bit Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.6 or later|
|Storage Engine Service||64-bit Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.6 or later.|
The following environments are supported for data collection:
- Exchange 2010 (SP1 or later)
- Exchange 2007 (SP1 or later)
- Exchange 2013
- Office 365 (hybrid deployment)
For information about the rights and permissions needed to configure the MessageStats Business Insights and to gather information from on-premise Exchange 2010 (SP1 and later), Exchange 2007 (SP1 and later), and Exchange 2013 environments and from Office 365 (hybrid deployment), see the MessageStats Business Insights Deployment Guide.
For information about how to view, modify, and create Insights, see the MessageStats Business Insights Quick Start Guide.