There are two key components of Toad for Cloud Databases: the first is the Toad client, and the second is the Toad data hub.
Toad Client – Contains the intuitive user interface through which remote cloud database access is easily configured and SQL statements are written and executed. It provides all of the standard Toad features and includes:
- SQL Editor – for creating, executing, modifying and saving queries as well as viewing and editing data and processing DDL commands.
- Query Builder – for using a graphical interface to construct complex operations without the need for SQL programming. This includes selecting tables and views, selecting and joining columns, and adding conditions; it also allows you to query and join data across multiple database platforms.
- Report Generator – for producing business-quality reports of either data or database structure. Reports can show the structure and source code for database objects or display data as tables, pivots and charts.
- Import/Export Utility - for exporting data to Excel with just one click and supporting a variety of other file formats, including .CSV, .TXT, .HTML, and PDF.
- Database Browser – for displaying and managing all database objects graphically, with single-click access to object details, data, and underlying DDL.
Toad Data Hub – Receives the SQL statements submitted by the user through Toad, translates them into the appropriate API calls to fetch or update data in the designated cloud database, and returns the results in the familiar tabular format of rows and columns.
This server is installed with the Toad client and can be run on the local PC or deployed out in the Amazon cloud.