A single-pane-of-glass view provides performance metrics from across the IT stack, including virtual, physical, storage, OS and application layers.
- Heterogeneous hypervisor support – Manage VMware ESX, ESXi, View, vCloud Director and Microsoft Hyper-V hypervisors from one common console, ensuring consistency across diverse platform environments.
- Detailed architectural representations – See high-level, graphical displays highlighting problem areas to help you quickly diagnose and fix problems in the virtual infrastructure.
- Asset and configuration tracking – Track the movement of VMs and their configuration changes from one physical server to another, helping you correlate the impact those changes have on system performance and availability.
- Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange monitoring – Detect, diagnose and resolve performance and availability issues that could affect your critical Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange infrastructure.
- Storage Monitoring – Get visibility from the virtual machine (VM) down to the physical disk spindle to maximize storage infrastructure performance and availability.
- Physical operating system (OS) monitoring –Monitor memory, CPU, disk I/O and network I/O to help you easily understand key performance and capacity issues in the physical infrastructure and isolate the root cause of problems.
- VMware vCloud monitoring – Get a vCloud-centric view of the Cloud infrastructure created by vCloud by delivering an insightful view into your entire cloud hierarchy and tracking problems from the virtual data center perspective down to the VM.
Powerful patent-pending analytics allow you to quickly detect baseline operation, identify dynamic thresholds, and get intelligent deviation analysis.
- Adaptive analytics – Improve alarm accuracy with intelligent and adaptive metric baselines that learn over time.
- Single-click remediation – Identify performance bottlenecks and potential issues across your heterogeneous environment in seconds. Quickly pinpoint the problem and resolve at the click of a button.
- Guest process investigation –Determine which running processes are impacting virtual machine (VM) performance, or which VMs are not using resources effectively.
Significantly increase consolidation ratios with improved visibility and analytics that help you effectively manage virtual machine sprawl and reduce OPEX.
- Right-sizing – Avoid over- or under-provisioning and improve VM density without impacting performance with expert advice on optimal CPU, memory, and storage requirements.
- Waste-finding –Discover powered-off VMs, zombie VMs, abandoned images, and unused templates and snapshots throughout your entire virtual infrastructure.
- Resource reclamation –Implement optimization advice and return wasted resources back to your resource pool immediately to save thousands in license fees, disk space, administrator time, and server utilization.
Flexible automation allows you to reduce costs, speed deployments, and simplify complexity. User-controlled automation puts you in control and improves your productivity and efficiency.
- VM lifecycle management - Deploy new VMs into an environment, decommission VMs and remove VM files that are unnecessary with powerful automation capabilities.
- User-controlled – Get best-in-class recommendations and see your best options with best-practice algorithms. You decide to remediate the advice or setup scenarios to auto remediate.
- Event remediation – Launch automated workflows when you get an alarm, for fast remediation of a performance problem.
- In-context administration – Perform common VM administration tasks, such as start, stop, and pause – in the context of the objects being viewed. This improves efficiency and saves you time.
Capacity and resource utilization management
Effectively manage the growth of your virtual infrastructure by taking the guesswork out of capacity management, planning, VM placement and workload allocation. Intelligent analysis and automation capabilities help you predict future hardware resource requirements, reserve capacity for planned VM deployments, and auto-deploy VMs into reserved slots. Dynamic capacity planning helps you determine how to accommodate future workloads and allows “what-if” scenario modeling to accurately forecast CAPEX requirements.
- Scenario modeling – Model both virtual and physical workload placement on available hosts for improving efficiency in virtual infrastructure or moving workloads from physical to virtual infrastructure.
- Capacity trending, forecasting and alerting – Project time and resource consumption limits based on historical growth rates to help plan for future needs.
- Resource utilization management – See and predict how efficiently capacity is used with performance data and user-defined thresholds provided at all levels of the virtual infrastructure.
- Workload migration modeling – Gain visibility of the movement of a VM from one physical system to another, to help you determine the impact on resources and services.
- Workload density – See cluster-based capacity utilization to determine remaining virtual machine capacity and monitor capacity thresholds.
Chargeback and showback reporting
Simplify the management of the business of the data center and improve the return on investment of your existing IT infrastructure with cost visibility and accountability across virtualization operations.
- Cost allocation – See how groups and workloads are consuming resources with the ability to allocate infrastructure costs.
- Cost transparency – Get a clear view of resources consumed and their associated costs, allowing you to charge back cost centers or external customers with ease.
Ensure end-user satisfaction with the ability to effectively manage and troubleshoot the performance of your VDI environment.
- Discovery –Discover and configure your VMware View environment quickly with easy-to-use wizards and dashboards.
- Insightful visibility – Get in-depth monitoring of all components for quick connection server, pools, desktops, ESX servers, or storage problem resolution.
Customizable alerts, dashboards and reports
Real-time dashboards, proactive alerts, and intelligent reporting help you proactively manage SLAs and maximize performance. Powerful customization allows you to drill around, explore objects, and drag and drop information.
- Customizable dashboards – Experience granular tracking of performance metrics and enable real-time to any-point-in-time drill-down and trouble-shooting analysis to proactively avoid bottlenecks and performance issues.
- Out-of-the-box alerts with expert advice – Get detailed alarms and recommended actions to help you accurately diagnose the root-cause of problems and resolve them fast.
- Reporting – Receive out-of-the-box reports to help you plan performance enhancements and understand changes to infrastructure assets.
Greater control over your entire virtual environment allows you to prevent performance problems and quickly resolve any issues before they impact user satisfaction.
- Service management –Group VMs and components into services, allowing you to better align IT with the organization by measuring service levels, performing chargebacks and reporting key data to stakeholders.
- Role-based views – Help administrators do their job better.
Scalable architecture grows with you to support multiple virtual centers, whereever they are located in the world. Easily manage multiple virtual data centers, multiple hypervisors and provide multi-tenant customer-scoped views that span 100,000+ virtual machines.
- Management of multiple virtual centers –See several virtual centers from a single interface, to help you understand the entire virtual infrastructure, reduce administration costs and minimize risk.
- Third-party integration –Bring new efficiencies and awareness to virtualization administrators with alerts from third-party systems.