Dell announces the release of One Identity Manager 7.0, a scalable, modular and integrated platform that enables organizations to unify security policies, meet compliance needs and achieve governance, while improving business agility both today and long term.
The solution enables compliance through access control and segregation of duties, complete visibility, and control that’s driven by identity intelligence and business objectives. With Dell One Identity Manager 7.0, organizations can take advantage of a single, consistent IAM strategy – based on business needs, not IT capabilities – and incorporate a modular and integrated solution onto their traditional IAM frameworks. Business users benefit from a new self-service feature to manage the identity lifecycle process more easily, which further reduces the burden on IT.
In fact, with the solution’s automated architecture, organizations can simplify major identity and access management tasks to a faction of the time or expense of traditional framework solutions. One Identity Manager simplifies identity and access management and facilitates better security decisions so organizations can control user and privileged access, govern identities, secure data, and reduce information silos and risk exposure.
It also provides auditors with real-time governance reports detailing the resources in customer environments, who has access to them, and why that access was granted and terminated.
New features in this release include:
- Increased definition and representation of heatmaps, dashboards and compliance reports
- Resolve policy violations quickly, with better visibility through web UI for business users, data stewards and administrative staff
- New ReST Architecture
- Facilitates the exchange of information among an organization’s internal software and systems as well as external party systems
- Increases security between components and enables customers to author their own user interface for particular tasks to better leverage company business processes
- Web UI extensibility with HTML 5 support
- Web UI split in three ways for extensibility and simplification: end user, governance, administrator
- Increases business agility and responsiveness, regardless of the connected device
- Provides easy, wizard-driven, centralized synchronization client to simplify the testing and provisioning to target systems
- Decreases the time needed to provision a new user into the network
- Componentization of core components
- Simplifies installation and reduces costs and upgrade complexities
- Segregation of Duties definition enhancements
- Provide easy definition and performance enhancements to SoD rule definitions
- Reduce administrative time, while maintaining a higher level of compliance