- Support for hybrid scenarios of on-prem Exchange and hosted Exchange Online to enable seamless migration of Exchange mailboxes to the cloud
- Support for Oracle E-Business Suite for enhanced ERP integration
- New features include password reset management, two-factor authentication enablement, and simplified deployment and administration of identity and access management
ALISO VIEJO, Calif. – October 31, 2017 – One Identity, a proven leader in helping organizations get identity and access management (IAM) right, today introduced One Identity Manager 8.0 – the latest version of its trusted modular and scalable IAM solution. Version 8.0 brings to market new features to secure and manage access, data and identities to increasingly popular applications, enabling their adoption in support of enterprise digital transformations by mitigating risks from credential and account misuse. With these and other usability enhancements, the new features strengthen the Identity Manager governance solution, which controls and secures user and privileged account access.
Hundreds of IT and security teams worldwide rely on Identity Manager to mitigate the risk of credential-based data breaches. This year’s Verizon Data Breach Investigations report found that 81 percent of hacking-related breaches were related to stolen passwords. Best practices regarding credentials management is especially important as an increasing number of organizations undergo digital transformation, adopting new applications and devices that provide dramatic organizational efficiencies but also expose companies to new attack vectors through a mounting number of logins.
Identity Manager has long been an essential component to enable and secure digital transformation by governing identities and managing user and data access. Version 8.0 further enables new application adoption by adding support for increasingly popular applications, including Exchange Online, SharePoint and Oracle E-Business Suite. With its connected system module and wizard-driven interface approach, Identity Manager simplifies the process of provisioning users against these applications.
Other notable new benefits and features within One Identity Manager 8.0 include:
- New password reset web portal management functions: Users can now set their own account passwords from a new interface, while admins can select passwords (and user policy preferences) that comply with overarching company password rules and requirements. Identity Manager can maintain multiple password policies, help ensure “blacklisted” passwords are not used, and can reset one or many passwords.
- Two-factor authentication support: The user interface, web portal interface and password reset portal now integrate with One Identity Starling Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). Users can now enable 2FA through Identity Manager with integrated deployment across enterprise applications.
- Increased user accessibility and agility: Version 8.0 offers auto-rendering based on form factor, so users have instant access via a browser on desktop or on mobile devices.
- New management and deployment flexibility for IT administrators: An enhanced administration portal creates new efficiencies for overall admin and helpdesk user experience, such as enabling helpdesk password reset. In addition, Identity Manager can be deployed as a Windows container, leveraging an increasingly popular method for optimizing server and infrastructure environment
Identity Manager 8.0 is available immediately as an update for existing customers with current support licenses. More information, specifications and system requirements can be found online: https://www.oneidentity.com/products/identity-manager/.
About One Identity
One Identity, a Quest Software business, helps organizations get identity and access management (IAM) right. With a unique combination of offerings including a portfolio of identity governance, access management and privileged management, and identity as a service that help organizations reach their full potential, unimpeded by security yet safeguarded against threats. One Identity has proven to be a company unequalled in its commitment to its customers’ long-term IAM success. More than 7,500 customers worldwide depend on One Identity solutions to manage more than 125 million identities, enhancing their agility and efficiency while securing access to their data -- wherever it might reside. For more information, visit http://www.oneidentity.com.
One Identity AR/PR