Simplifies enterprise backup and recovery operations with new administrative features for deeper system and application protection
ALISO VIEJO, CALIF. -- October 9, 2018 – Quest Software, a global systems management, data protection and security software provider, today announced the general availability of NetVault® Backup 12.1, an enterprise backup and recovery solution that simplifies enterprise data protection and recovery. With NetVault Backup 12.1, Managed Service Providers (MSPs) are now enabled with a new multi-tenant architecture that makes it even easier to deliver a robust NetVault-based backup and recovery service offering to customers. Also new in NetVault Backup 12.1 is a Microsoft Office 365 Plug-in, which enables full and incremental backup and recovery of Office 365 Exchange Online Mailboxes.
The success of an organization's business depends on its ability to protect, access and leverage its mission-critical data on a daily basis — and to restore it quickly in the event of an unexpected outage. Yet many enterprises use data protection software that sacrifices functionality for simplicity, or scalability for versatility. With NetVault Backup 12.1, organizations benefit from enterprise-class, cross-platform ‘out of the box’ data protection that is simple to use and scales to support today’s exponential data growth.
“Understanding how time-consuming and difficult it is to protect data in complex IT environments, the newest release of NetVault helps address diverse data protection and recovery challenges, while simplifying the backup administrator’s experience,” said Mark D’Apice, Executive Director of R&D and Product Management, Quest Data Protection. “NetVault Backup 12.1 provides comprehensive data protection for hybrid IT environments all from one intuitive console, offering enterprise-level data protection with ease of use and flexibility. The Microsoft Office 365 feature gives our customers peace of mind about their Office 365 Exchange Online data so they can restore emails, contacts, and calendars anytime, anywhere with a few simple clicks.”
The solution’s cross-platform versatility makes it easy for customers to tailor NetVault to match the ever-changing landscape of their IT infrastructure. Supporting multiple operating systems, applications, databases, virtualization platforms and storage devices, NetVault Backup enables organizations to protect petabytes of data residing in enterprise environments all from one web-based console.
“Abtech has always relied on NetVault Backup for Enterprise backup and recovery, and this newest release with its MSP and catalog search features, really improves an already great product,” said Robby Wright, Chief Architect and Consultant at Abtech Technologies Inc. “The MSP feature specifically allows us to create a multi-tenant environment to better serve our customers, enabling us to protect customers’ growing diverse IT environments, support their business growth and deliver predictive business continuity.”
Key features and benefits new to NetVault 12.1 include:
- Full and Incremental Backup and Recovery of Office 365 Exchange Online Mailbox: Organizations are adopting Microsoft Office 365 at a fast rate and as more applications are migrated and managed in the cloud, the risk of data loss due to human error or other threat vectors is top of mind among the organization. With the NetVault Backup 12.1 Office 365 plug-in, customers can quickly restore individual, shared, and resource Office 365 Exchange Online Mailboxes, as well as define flexible restore options and only restore the data they need. Built with the Microsoft Graph API, the plug-in is easily scalable.
- Managed Service Provider ready: Provides multi-tenant architecture with both MSP "master" administrator and MSP "customer" administrator roles, along with special MSP licensing and pricing.
- VMware Plug-in: Updated VMware vSphere 6.7 support and new capability to select VMs for backup using include and exclude patterns.
- Single Sign-on: Users can log into NetVault using Active Directory single sign-on credentials, now expanded to Linux and Unix environments via Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) support, and “push install” capability for NetVault clients enabled by AD and LDAP.
- Integration with Foglight for Virtualization 8.8: Enterprises using Foglight for Virtualization can manage multiple NetVault installations and monitor multiple NetVault servers through a single console.
- SharePoint Plug-in: New SPFarm Backup Method support enables the backup for the entire farm or individual Site Collections, providing enhanced SharePoint protection.
Additional Information & Resources
NetVault Backup 12.1 is available today. For more information visit the product page here.
About Quest Software
Quest provides software solutions for the rapidly-changing world of enterprise IT that help simplify the challenges caused by data explosion, cloud expansion, hybrid datacenters, security threats and regulatory requirements. The company is a global provider to 130,000 companies across 100 countries, including 95% of the Fortune 500 and 90% of the Global 1000. Since 1987, Quest has built a portfolio of solutions which now includes database management, data protection, identity and access management, Microsoft platform management and unified endpoint management. With Quest, organizations spend less time on IT administration and more time on business innovation. For more information, visit www.quest.com.
+1 (619) 952-3758