- Recorded Date:May 1, 2018
- Event:On Demand
Data breaches, threats and loss of data is at an all-time high. In 2017, the number of data breaches hit a new record — a drastic 44.7% increase over the 2016 high, according to the 2017 Data Breach Year-End Review by the Identity Theft Resource Center and CyberScout. Insider threats, whether malicious or accidental, account for a large portion of data breaches; however, it has also becoming increasingly difficult to proactively detect insider threats.
Too often, people associate the phrase “insider threats” in cybersecurity with malicious employees intending to directly harm the company through theft or sabotage. However, negligent employees or contractors unintentionally cause an equally high number of security breaches and leaks by accident. Every threat becomes an insider threat at some point in time, even if it starts externally. It's clear that organizations need a strategy to easily assess, detect, and remediate threats, whether from internal or external attackers.
In this on-demand webcast, cybersecurity experts from Quest and Cybersecurity Insiders explore how to minimize your risk to threats including:
- Limitations with native tools
- Seven areas you need to have your eye on
- Actions you can take to secure your environment
- Matthew Vinton - Strategic Systems Consultant
- Shawny Reiner - Strategic Systems Consultant
- Holger Schulze - Founder of Cybersecurity Insiders